Clyde v East Fife

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did Clyde train Sunday or Monday?  If the tests were taken post match on Saturday then they know all the Clyde players accept this one are fine unless there was contact through training since.  If covid protocols are in place then there is probably little chance for him to pass it on pre match  so the jrg might see the chance of it being passed on to anyone as highly unlikely and that's why they gave it the go ahead. Difficult to say without knowing when testing took place exactly.

No.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This isn't true at all. There have been positive tests throughout the season and in almost every case the game has been able to go ahead minus the positive player and any close contacts.

The only reason games have been postponed has been when a club has been unable to field a team due to having lots of players self-isolating.

In this specific case, I have sympathy with the East Fife players' decision, given the short notice of it all, but the decision being made by the JRG is in keeping with everything that has gone so far this season.

I think it's a pretty different set of circumstances when it's 20 minutes before the game. The statement from our club seems to suggest the test was from Saturday, I am not sure how Clyde will have travelled to their games but the player has been in the ground, changing room and warming up. The entire squad is very much likely to be a "close contact" at this point. I am not sure that the decision can be said to be "in-keeping" given the scenario seems entirely different. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:
How on earth did the test results for the game only come in 20 minutes before KO? If Doncaster, Maxwell et al have been made aware of that and still said to go ahead, that's absolutely laughable. I'm sure there's no malice in it but that Clyde statement is also ridiculous if this is the way circumstances have unfolded. 

It'll surely be the test results for Thursday's game rather for tonight. In saying that we are shambles of a club so wouldn't be surprised if we have fucked up again.

We seem to be under the impression that the test was from Saturday, but I guess all will be clarified tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

Why would the full team need to isolate? That’s not happened in other circumstances this season. If anyone has been in close contact they’ll be contacted with t&t. 

Cause they've shared a dressing room with an infectious individual.

My six year old son was told to isolate by Test and Protect after a positive case at his Easter football camp, so I don't see the difference? Unless, again, JRG are turning a blind eye as it suits them.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

I think it's a pretty different set of circumstances when it's 20 minutes before the game. The statement from our club seems to suggest the test was from Saturday, I am not sure how Clyde will have travelled to their games but the player has been in the ground, changing room and warming up. The entire squad is very much likely to be a "close contact" at this point. I am not sure that the decision can be said to be "in-keeping" given the scenario seems entirely different. 

We seem to be under the impression that the test was from Saturday, but I guess all will be clarified tomorrow. 

There are covid protocols in place for changing etc to prevent whole squads from getting infected. 

2 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Fife fan claiming attempted murder on unborn children now. Honestly f**k me, stop the planet I want off.

eh? we've got some wronguns among our support mind you.

The clubs are supposed to follow covid protocols which specifically stop players from being close contacts during training and matches.

PS: My above post about people not understanding things wasn't aimed at you, your post wasn't there when I posted mine.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did Clyde train Sunday or Monday?  If the tests were taken post match on Saturday then they know all the Clyde players accept this one are fine unless there was contact through training since.  If covid protocols are in place then there is probably little chance for him to pass it on pre match  so the jrg might see the chance of it being passed on to anyone as highly unlikely and that's why they gave it the go ahead. Difficult to say without knowing when testing took place exactly.

I'm not sure it's that simple. If it's true that the positive player travelled up to Peterhead, played a game and travelled back down and then was actually out on the pitch before kick off tonight, surely there's a reasonable chance that other players could have been infected but not returned a positive result from tests on Saturday. On the assumption that any infection would likely have taken place on Saturday.

If that's tHE case then Clyde haven't broken any rules but it seems ridiculous to ask East Fife to play in those specific circumstances. Only sensible outcomes would be rearranging the game to next Thursday if possible or writing this game off and determining positions on PPG.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

My six year old son was told to isolate by Test and Protect after a positive case at his Easter football camp, so I don't see the difference? Unless, again, JRG are turning a blind eye as it suits them.

Are dressing rooms in the pro game not set out in a specific way at the moment though to avoid these issues. It's not just the normal everybody piling in.and sitting down wherever.

I doubt your six year-old son was working under the same covid protocols that professional footballers are.

Clubs have had to use multiple changing rooms and spaces to ensure social distancing, and I'd assume this will be the case here.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm not sure it's that simple. If it's true that the positive player travelled up to Peterhead, played a game and travelled back down and then was actually out on the pitch before kick off tonight, surely there's a reasonable chance that other players could have been infected but not returned a positive result from tests on Saturday. On the assumption that any infection would likely have taken place on Saturday.

If that's tHE case then Clyde haven't broken any rules but it seems ridiculous to ask East Fife to play in those specific circumstances. Only sensible outcomes would be rearranging the game to next Thursday if possible or writing this game off and determining positions on PPG.

Depends when the test was taken. If it was after the game and last thing before they headed off then   infection rate would be very low.  The chances of passing covid on outside are much lower as it is so I wouldn't be too concerned about him warming up on the pitch either.  If it was before Saturdays trip and match that's a different story. 

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The clubs are supposed to follow covid protocols which specifically stop players from being close contacts during training and matches.

PS: My above post wasn't aimed at you, it wasn't there when I posted it.

I think when the positive test is revealed 20 minutes before kick-off, if the response from the JRG which it seems to have been to simply say "bash on" seems a bit wild though. I'd imagine there will be a process for identifying the close contacts from Saturday onwards, but identifying them from the minute they came into the stadium tonight within a 20 minute time frame seems a bit unrealistic so I'm not surprised by the decision our management team made. 

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Not as such. As a few others have mentioned, protocols are in place to prevent whole squads becoming close contacts. In a somewhat similar situation, I work in a school where there can be up to four adults in a room at the one time. We are religiously reminded to wear masks at all timed and maintain our two metres for similar reasons as in football dressing rooms/on buses.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I doubt your six year-old son was working under the same covid protocols that professional footballers are.

Clubs have had to use multiple changing rooms and spaces to ensure social distancing, and I'd assume this will be the case here.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The whole team emerge from the tunnel en masse at the same time do they not?

From what we’ve been told, Clyde haven’t broken any rules. And as for the East Fife players, if it was my mrs who was pregnant I wouldn’t risk playing, either.

Neither club in the wrong here really. The JRGs decision to allow the game to go ahead is the only questionable thing here.

some east Fife fans are having a meltdown on Twitter right enough... 

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That East Fife statement isn’t filling me with confidence here. I’d be fairly surprised if Clyde aren’t awarded the 3 points.

We'd have lost anyway. just cutting out the middle man of actually having to play the game. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Depends when the test was taken. If it was after the game and last thing before they headed off then   infection rate would be very low.  The chances of passing covid on outside are much lower as it is so I wouldn't be too concerned about him warming up on the pitch either.  If it was before Saturdays trip and match that's a different story. 

But whenever the test was taken, you'd have to assume the positive player was infected before Saturday.