Clyde v East Fife

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Jumping to conclusions here but, if Clyde have a positive test, can't complete any more games (and aren't made to forfeit them) then we'd finish with 20 points from 19 games ie 1.053 points per game. I'm assuming having played so many games we'll have too many close contacts to a positive test to play on.

If Dumbarton finish tonight's game against Forfar and, assuming the rest of the fixtures (excepts Clyde's) are played they will play 21 games in total. That would mean they need 23 points ie at least 4 points from the Forfar & Peterhead games to better out points per game.

As I say, I'm jumping to conclusions here and someone can check my maths too.

Given that it seems pretty unlikely Clyde haven't breached some rule in some way, I wouldn't be too confident you won't be getting a deluge of 3-0 defeats for the rest of the season.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Given that it seems pretty unlikely Clyde haven't breached some rule in some way, I wouldn't be too confident you won't be getting a deluge of 3-0 defeats for the rest of the season.

No team has been left with that punishment yet. The decisions in the Premiership to give 3-0 defeats were reversed and we never seemed to get any outcome from our previous Covid postponements.

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

No team has been left with that punishment yet. The decisions in the Premiership to give 3-0 defeats were reversed and we never seemed to get any outcome from our previous Covid postponements.

I think the issue here might be the tests not being returned in time. I can't believe there isn't a cut off of more than mere minutes before a game kicks off. Maybe the rules just say before kick off, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given it's the SPFL.

All previous games were called off because positive tests came back well ahead of time.

Just now, Hughsie said:

I can’t get my head around how this would even play out the way it seems to have.

Do the clubs not need to provide the league with negative test results a couple of days prior to each game?

Now that you mention that 2nd part, we play Forfar on Thursday. Could these be results for testing ahead of that fixture and not late ones for tonight?

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Now that you mention that 2nd part, we play Forfar on Thursday. Could these be results for testing ahead of that fixture and not late ones for tonight?

Sounds plausible. I’m sure it’s definitely 48 hours before the game the results need to be with the league.

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

That thought had just occurred to me and seems fairly reasonable.

The same thing happened in the Scotland U19 game earlier in the season during the first half. The players had tested fine to play that game but extra tests for the following game came back positive while the game was in play so it was quickly abandoned. It was that incident that meant we lost Henderson for an isolation period too.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I think the issue here might be the tests not being returned in time. I can't believe there isn't a cut off of more than mere minutes before a game kicks off. Maybe the rules just say before kick off, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given it's the SPFL.

All previous games were called off because positive tests came back well ahead of time.

I’m sure that the protocol agreed was for twice weekly testing, not a test before every game. Given we’ve been playing 3 games a week, there would be the risk that one of the 2 tests could come back just before it even during a game. 
That might have changed though. 
Given our track record however, I’m expecting that’s it’ll be us who’ve screwed it up. 

Just now, sydney said:

I’m sure that the protocol agreed was for twice weekly testing, not a test before every game. Given we’ve been playing 3 games a week, there would be the risk that one of the 2 tests could come back just before it even during a game. 
That might have changed though. 
Given our track record however, I’m expecting that’s it’ll be us who’ve screwed it up. 

Fair enough. I suppose it's the farcical nature of what happened just made it seem like there must have been some kind of f**k up. We'll see I suppose.

No skin off East Fife's nose either way whether we're awarded a 3-0 win or the game's never played and we use PPG. Good chance there'll be toys out the pram from someone at some point no matter what happens. Looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That thought had just occurred to me and seems fairly reasonable.

The same thing happened in the Scotland U19(?) game earlier in the season during the first half. The players had tested fine to play that game but extra tests for the following game came back positive while the game was in play. It was that incident that meant we lost Henderson for an isolation period too.

That's right, I'm sure it was against England.