Clyde v East Fife

East Fife have the best home record in the league. Maybe their over-excited commentary puts off opposition players? They also, even more incredibly given the presence of Forfar, have the worst away record. So far. Why such a disparity given the lack of supporters?

East Fife did, of course, win at Broadwood earlier this season with our old enemy Nathan Austin making his brief return. How will they treat this game given that they play on Thursday and then next Tuesday? You'd imagine a team with nothing to play for wouldn't risk players in this match. Please?

It's easy to say we should bring this player in or leave that player out, play this formation or that. In reality, we're absolutely dreadful. I reckon there's an argument that our fittest eleven will be our best eleven, regardless of who is actually in it. It wouldn't surprise me if Goodwillie starts on the bench.

Our "improved" form since the restart has seen us pick up less points per game than before the lockdown. There are extenuating circumstances with the fixture list, and two of the results pre-Christmas were robberies (all our recent wins have been deserved), but there's still been much more bad than good.

Prediction? I fear we'll be ninth after the game. The weekend has completely sapped my optimism.

Edited by David W

12 hours ago, David W said:

Why such a disparity given the lack of supporters?

It is bizarre. Undefeated at home and wins away to Clyde and Forfar are not just our only away wins of the season but our only away points. Thankfully, those are our two post-split away fixtures so we'll hopefully get a repeat of results earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

It is bizarre. Undefeated at home and wins away to Clyde and Forfar are not just our only away wins of the season but our only away points. Thankfully, those are our two post-split away fixtures so we'll hopefully get a repeat of results earlier in the season.

Yous fucking better. 

44 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

East Fife and Dumbarton for that.matter are not good enough to beat Clyde yet again but might be fitter and less tired than us

lol wut

We are garbage, the fixture list hasn't helped things but there is no getting away from the fact that there is only a handful of decent players in the squad. Goodwillie hasn't scored in the last 6 matches and hasn't played very well either. We've been able to rely on him previously getting a goal or two to give us a chance.

The only real positive has been Jamieson who looks a decent player and if it wasn't for his goals we would be down already.

Just need to hope that East Fife aren't too fussed and make a number of changes.

2 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

East Fife and Dumbarton for that.matter are not good enough to beat Clyde yet again but might be fitter and less tired than us

Given east fife have 10 more points than us after 19 games you’d have to say they are good enough to beat us again. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but is it worth putting David  Goodwillie on the bench it seems pretty obvious that he  is playing through injury. Depending on what exactly it is would it be a consideration to see if he responds to a couple more days and hopefully fitter for Thursday and Saturday?

I accept it’s a big decision right enough! 

East Fife would maybe take one or two of our players. Goodwillie obviously. Lang, not essential but an upgrade. After that...

The previous game at Broadwood they had Aaron Dunsmore, Danny Swanson, Kevin Smith and Ross Dunlop ON THEIR BENCH. They have a team full of League 1 players. They are clearly miles ahead of us. Getting that type of squad should have been our aim when we were promoted.

2 minutes ago, David W said:

The previous game at Broadwood they had Aaron Dunsmore, Danny Swanson, Kevin Smith and Ross Dunlop ON THEIR BENCH. They have a team full of League 1 players. They are clearly miles ahead of us. Getting that type of squad should have been our aim when we were promoted.

I would do unspeakable things to have Ross Dunlop playing alongside Tom Lang at the back for us. Imagine big Kevin Smith up top in a two with Goodwillie too.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Goodwillie hasn't scored in the last 6 matches and hasn't played very well either. 

52 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but is it worth putting David  Goodwillie on the bench it seems pretty obvious that he  is playing through injury. Depending on what exactly it is would it be a consideration to see if he responds to a couple more days and hopefully fitter for Thursday and Saturday?

I accept it’s a big decision right enough! 

He's been playing through a groin strain for the last 4 weeks.

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

McGlinchey in for Jamieson. Strange one that. 

What’s happened to Lang, did I miss an injury for him? Watching Rumsby tonight again fills me with the fear, would rather have McNiff there tbh.

And yeah, Jamieson not being in the team is strange unless he’s maybe being saved to start on Thursday but probably not.

Edited by Ignoramus

Just now, Ignoramus said:

What’s happened to Lang, did I miss an injury for him? Watching Rumsby tonight again fills me with the fear, would rather have McNiff there tbh.

And yeah, Jamieson not being in the team is strange unless he’s maybe being saved to start on Thursday but probably not.

I'd have rested Cunningham and/or Love before Jamieson. That pair have looked knackered from the off the last 2 or 3 games. 

McGlinchey is one of our few players who shows any composure in the middle of the park so him & Cuddihy should use the ball better than in the last few games. They certainly can't use it worse.

I'd have preferred Love to drop to the bench, as he's always been better as an impact sub.  Although they might have an eye on Thursday and holding Jamieson back a little to start against Forfar.