Alloa vs Dunfermline

A game that doesn't mean absolutely nothing but not far off. 

Do we rest players or try and build on the momentum? 

For me...go out to win with the strongest team. 

1-1 (WIghton, Fon Williams)

Edited by Stoo61

I would play some fringe players. Regardless of how far I think we will go, I would still be preparing for 6 games in a short period of time. 

I would play Gill to see if he can make less mistakes than the absolute bomb scare OFW.

Yeah he made a great save against QOS but he's making far too many mistakes outside of those good saves. You can't have a keeper who ships so many avoidable goals. He's flogging 2-3 goals for every worldy save he makes. New keeper is a must next year. 

Don't know who will be fit, but I would give the likes of McInroy, MacDonald and McCann a run out. Maybe even Paul Allan. His name appears on the subs bench every week but I've never seen the guy play.

Anyone who hasn’t been playing lately and is fit enough to start should start. We’ll need the full squad if we are going to get through the playoffs.

Would expect Watson, F Murray, McInroy, MacDonald and McCann to start. If fit, I’d also expect to see E Murray, Banks and Wilson. Need to get these guys some game time before the play offs, if they’re going to be playing any part. It will also allow a lot of players a rest.

McCann “the new signing from January” has “a few goals in him”, time to start releasing them?

Which mentalist commentator came out with that quote?
Was it no big chipper offering his expert analysis at half time of the starks park dusting?

McCann, Todd and Allan need punted. None of them good enough IMO, McCann and Todd especially have had plenty of chances. I'd definitely be putting Gill in for this, if he can't get a game in a dead rubber against relegated alloa why do we continue to extend his deal?

Shit. There was obviously a reason Dunfermline were better than EVS. One must do more investigating before betting at this stage of the season. 

Could you seriously not work it out?

We haven’t won an away game in the league since our first away game of the season and have playoffs starting 5 days after this game. With no chance of finishing 2nd place, of course we are going to take the opportunity to rotate the squad.

That being said, last time we made wholesale changes to stay fresh for the playoffs, our fringe players drew 1-1 with Rangers, a few days later the first team went and lost to Stranraer [emoji23]

Writing the notes for Dunfermline tonight for the commentary. Are they likely all going to be slung when Stevie Crawford fields a team of kids? 
Reckon it will be the same team as last week. We can still finish 3rd and need to keep building momentum.