Jump to content
Arch Stanton

Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Maybe glenburn bud could ask his big mate for some inside information.

You can f**k right off I’m saying f**k all about him or anything to do with The wurzels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

You can f**k right off I’m saying f**k all about him or anything to do with The wurzels.

Until we win, then it'll be "fucking hate the football club and all their fans but all the best to my big mate, my bestest mate, loveable big guy so he is, did I tell you I know a St Johnstone player? Brilliant big c**t so he is, Rooney,  big Shaun, aye he's my pal,  best of luck to him"

We've heard it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Until we win, then it'll be "fucking hate the football club and all their fans but all the best to my big mate, my bestest mate, loveable big guy so he is, did I tell you I know a St Johnstone player? Brilliant big c**t so he is, Rooney,  big Shaun, aye he's my pal,  best of luck to him"
We've heard it.
Spill then. Which Saints player is he mates with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You can f**k right off I’m saying f**k all about him or anything to do with The wurzels.

Don’t be so easily put off by some of our posters. Some of us remember and appreciated your comments earlier in the season about the big man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yflab said:

Hopefully we prepare to put a team out capable of halting your dominance in the domestic cups this season. We will still be the underdogs in this tie. 

Well yeah, I just wonder how much it changes St Mirrens approach. If one of the 4 is one of our CBs, then that means Rooney becomes a CB and we lose a massive threat at RWB. Type of thing that maybe changes the gameplan for St Mirren.

I fully suspect it won't change anything tbh, but Goodwin, probably unfairly, strikes me as a manager who'll often overthink things trying to be clever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Just to put this in context, we rested 7(seven) players at the weekend and still beat Hibs.

As you were lads.

Ah, but we rested 4 players against Accies and.... oh, wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, I just wonder how much it changes St Mirrens approach. If one of the 4 is one of our CBs, then that means Rooney becomes a CB and we lose a massive threat at RWB. Type of thing that maybe changes the gameplan for St Mirren.

I fully suspect it won't change anything tbh, but Goodwin, probably unfairly, strikes me as a manager who'll often overthink things trying to be clever.

Nah, I think that's fair. Not as bad as he used to be, but it still happens. To be fair to him, it's come off a few times as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean at this stage can we rule out underhand tactics from St Mirren Football Club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fife Saint said:

I mean at this stage can we rule out underhand tactics from St Mirren Football Club?

Such as?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Such as?

One of your fans partners (obviously not munoz unless we count his mum) who also is covid+ trying to leach onto the bold Stevie as he has a pint in a Newburgh beer garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

One of your fans partners (obviously not munoz unless we count his mum) who also is covid+ trying to leach onto the bold Stevie as he has a pint in a Newburgh beer garden.

 

worzel_gummidge_smiling.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

I mean at this stage can we rule out underhand tactics from St Mirren Football Club?

Bring it out ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Mjrren fans having a meltdown on Twitter over our Covid situation is a weird one.

Boy has veered wildly from telling a club who haven't complained to "stop complaining and get over it!!!" multiple times, to then complaining and not getting over it happening to St Mirren, by claiming we shouldnt be in the top 6 and should have sympathy with St Mirren, as we seemingly ruthlessly snuck in the back door while St Mirren were missing their entire squad through Covid.

Semi-Final week does some strange things to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time we reached a Scottish Cup Final. Skills from McDowall at the start there. 😍

Funny how less 'wild' fans actually used to get, even 34 years ago. Limbs definitely wasn't a thing there.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has decimated our squad and dealt a huge blow to our chances. If St Mirren don't win this Jim Goodwin will surely be sacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mjrren fans having a meltdown on Twitter over our Covid situation is a weird one.

Boy has veered wildly from telling a club who haven't complained to "stop complaining and get over it!!!" multiple times, to then complaining and not getting over it happening to St Mirren, by claiming we shouldnt be in the top 6 and should have sympathy with St Mirren, as we seemingly ruthlessly snuck in the back door while St Mirren were missing their entire squad through Covid.

Semi-Final week does some strange things to people.

St Johnstone are angry that four of their players miss Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final with St Mirren, despite two testing negative for Covid, as they made sure to adhere to all social distancing protocols. (Daily Record)

 

....oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Until we win, then it'll be "fucking hate the football club and all their fans but all the best to my big mate, my bestest mate, loveable big guy so he is, did I tell you I know a St Johnstone player? Brilliant big c**t so he is, Rooney,  big Shaun, aye he's my pal,  best of luck to him"

We've heard it.

Like the other nobody who had a go at me I actually couldn’t care less about what you think. It’s a fucken football forum and I happened to mention a mate and wished him and his team all the best in a cup final. It won’t happen again so away and get a life you attention seeking p***k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.85743c08f2345d3e3755ec2398ddd072.png

That wording from the Record, though, FFS. "Covid Jobsworths." "Seething."

127k dead in the past 13 months and people implementing the associated restrictions are "jobsworths", apparently.

And here are St Johnstone's "seething" quotes:


image.png.6e88f0444529022f7f382b13c555917a.png

The press really do themselves no favours, do they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, weebud said:

St Johnstone are angry that four of their players miss Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final with St Mirren, despite two testing negative for Covid, as they made sure to adhere to all social distancing protocols. (Daily Record)

 

....oops

Yeah, probably best not to use a Keith Jackson article to prove your point m8.

Literally nobody at Saints has complained at all, and our manager has quotes this morning where be just briefly mentions it as another obstacle to overcome and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, probably best not to use a Keith Jackson article to prove your point m8.

Literally nobody at Saints has complained at all, and our manager has quotes this morning where be just briefly mentions it as another obstacle to overcome and nothing more.

You believe (make believe) what you like love.......incidentally I don't blame them for complaining or feeling hard done by, if they have adhered to all the guidelines and protocols the two negative isolations seem pretty harsh. As others have said I hope all involved recover soon and are not affected long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...