Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

14 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

St Mirren caused us more problems than any team since the turn of the year. I'd be absolutely gutted to be Buddie right now. Thankfully I'm not and never will be.

InsidiousRightConey-size_restricted.gif

Being involved as a match day media volunteer I can see such a big difference in the whole club in my 9 seasons of involvement.

I like that we go about things quietly as too many times things like the big send off St Mirren fans arranged (Which I still think was great) back fire. We meanwhile put out a tweet telling people not to gather at either McDiarmid or Hampden.

Yesterday in the Hampden car park pre game I park up my 7 year old Corsa with a giant BetFred sticker in the back, car next to me is a Porsche with a great private plate for a St Mirren fan. Again nothing wrong with that , id do the same if I could. He gets out to speak to a St Mirren official and they were both so nervous about the whole thing but talking loud enough that we could all hear. To me if the people at the top feel like that it indicates the whole club might be. They were also taking pictures outside etc whereas we just walked across the carpark and straight in. I'd not say its arrogance but I'd just say with the current St Johnstone squad and set up everyone knows their role and we just seem to get on with things just now. 

St Mirren are getting very close to the breakthrough into the top 6 and finals. I do believe Goodwin is the man for the job but the set up in both semi finals just seems a bit cautious. You get such a good view of the formation from the top of the South stand and I had expected him to set up the whole game the way they did in the second half. Small margins in the end but as others have said we had a long run of semi final heartbreak before the current run.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

Being involved as a match day media volunteer I can see such a big difference in the whole club in my 9 seasons of involvement.

I like that we go about things quietly as too many times things like the big send off St Mirren fans arranged (Which I still think was great) back fire. We meanwhile put out a tweet telling people not to gather at either McDiarmid or Hampden.

Yesterday in the Hampden car park pre game I park up my 7 year old Corsa with a giant BetFred sticker in the back, car next to me is a Porsche with a great private plate for a St Mirren fan. Again nothing wrong with that , id do the same if I could. He gets out to speak to a St Mirren official and they were both so nervous about the whole thing but talking loud enough that we could all hear. To me if the people at the top feel like that it indicates the whole club might be. They were also taking pictures outside etc whereas we just walked across the carpark and straight in. I'd not say its arrogance but I'd just say with the current St Johnstone squad and set up everyone knows their role and we just seem to get on with things just now. 

St Mirren are getting very close to the breakthrough into the top 6 and finals. I do believe Goodwin is the man for the job but the set up in both semi finals just seems a bit cautious. You get such a good view of the formation from the top of the South stand and I had expected him to set up the whole game the way they did in the second half. Small margins in the end but as others have said we had a long run of semi final heartbreak before the current run.

Unsure if you saw, but Tony Fitzpatrick was also straight in front of the BBC cameras at half time. 

Couldn't imagine that from Brown/being sanctioned by Brown.