Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

Folk calling for Goodwins head can get in the fuckin sea. Yes he's made mistakes. He made some today.

But at the start of the season I'm pretty sure most saints fans would've taken comfortably avoiding relegation and two semi final appearances. We're on the right track.

Well done St Johnstone - good luck in the final.
2 semis and safety with what, 10 games to go at that point? Throw in 2 superb wins over the Old Firm.

Decent season but could have been so much better.

Folk calling for Goodwins head can get in the fuckin sea. Yes he's made mistakes. He made some today.

But at the start of the season I'm pretty sure most saints fans would've taken comfortably avoiding relegation and two semi final appearances. We're on the right track.

Well done St Johnstone - good luck in the final.
The same Goodwin who fucked up his good progress as soon as he had a bit of pressure on him?

2 semis and safety with what, 10 games to go at that point? Throw in 2 superb wins over the Old Firm.

Decent season but could have been so much better.

Think that sums it up pretty well TBH.

Fear going in was another Livi - not turning up and regretting it. We turned up today, but three chances in the six yard box (ours missed, Kane’s scored) were the difference.

Case of what might’ve been for us this season, but it’s progress at least. Well done Saintees, go complete the Diddy Double now please!

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'll bite: we've just marked the fourth anniversary of staying in the Championship by the skin of our teeth. In the interim we've managed to employ Alan Stubbs and still survive. I know you're only at the wind-up but we're firmly heading in the right direction.

Very frustrating game, but at least we showed up this time. Progress of a sort, I guess.

Sir Alan won the Cup

8 minutes ago, codfish said:

Think that sums it up pretty well TBH.

Fear going in was another Livi - not turning up and regretting it. We turned up today, but three chances in the six yard box (ours missed, Kane’s scored) were the difference.

Case of what might’ve been for us this season, but it’s progress at least. Well done Saintees, go complete the Diddy Double now please!

You were doing well up until your last sentence. 

2 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Thank you St johnstone . Now yo finish the job by bea6thise other evil barstewards.  

Would saints be the first non old firm club to win the cup double?

Please beat Hibs. 

No

4 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Thank you St johnstone . Now yo finish the job by bea6thise other evil barstewards.  

Would saints be the first non old firm club to win the cup double?

Please beat Hibs. 

I can ecstatically say NO

( just like Richard Gordon )

Aberdeen 

Edited by ewan14

Grown men chanting at a bus leaving for 10 miles down the road for a semi final. Cute.

I'm sure we'll all excuse Munoz and chums their little celebration outside the Celtic club shop.

In any case, a noble effort with the diddy pandas almost running us close but no cigar. Prayers up.

11 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Grown men chanting at a bus leaving for 10 miles down the road for a semi final. Cute.

I'm sure we'll all excuse Munoz and chums their little celebration outside the Celtic club shop.

In any case, a noble effort with the diddy pandas almost running us close but no cigar. Prayers up.

Real clubs young teams at least wait till they win the thing, losers do it before semi finals because deep down they know what's to come and are just glad to be there, see Mirren and Utd.

It would be utterly churlish to revel in the misery of Munoz, Ric and his brothers at this time of extreme anguish.

Nevertheless, we must. As an act of respect. They would expect it.

What a truly pathetic existence. Mired in failure and no doubt reflective of their personal lives outside this forum.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

59 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Real clubs young teams at least wait till they win the thing, losers do it before semi finals because deep down they know what's to come and are just glad to be there, see Mirren and Utd.

Surprised at the number of ‘bad winner’ posts from some of the St Johnstone fans.

A good game, could have gone either way. Middleton the impact player either side was looking for.

Up until then we were the better team and had some good possession but st mirren looked far more threatening in terms of chances. Thought st mirren’s game plan of packing the defence and hitting us on the break was sound as we struggle to break teams down at times.  That was a far better performance from them from what we’ve seen in the two games at Perth.

Thought Goodwin took the result well and was very magnanimous in defeat. No issue with the buddies, but the media on either channel do my head in, it was like a collective desperation for st mirren to go through. After the obligatory chat about Saints at the final whistle and a bit about the buddies, it’s then all about Hibs.

They genuinely don’t know what to say about st Johnstone, other than the standard patronising pish about, well run club overachieving, well done.