Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

Just now, tree house tam said:

Same old St Mirren, always losing.

Enjoy your fleeting success while it lasts. 

5 years from now you'll be back to your rightful place in Scottish football. 

I'd be surprised if we can. McCann will almost certainly be gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the CBs leave too. Just trying to enjoy this squad while we can, tbh.
Be interesting to see how St Mirren respond. We lost, I think, 4 Semis in 5/6 years before our Scottish win, so it's not some devastating blow to lose these games if you respond correctly. Someone needs to slow Goodwin down though, you weren't in any danger until he decides to chase the game by bringing Connolly on. Like he felt he had show he was trying to win the game, rather than just accept it might take penalties, wonder how much your performance v Livi played into that.
We had a run just like this of losing semis in the run up to the 87 win. It's coming soon. Just need a good striker and another proper box to box driving midfielder as priority this summer.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Same old St Mirren, always losing.

I'll bite: we've just marked the fourth anniversary of staying in the Championship by the skin of our teeth. In the interim we've managed to employ Alan Stubbs and still survive. I know you're only at the wind-up but we're firmly heading in the right direction.

Very frustrating game, but at least we showed up this time. Progress of a sort, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We had a run just like this of losing semis in the run up to the 87 win. It's coming soon. Just need a good striker and another proper box to box driving midfielder as priority this summer.

Yeah almost every side has to go through disappointment to win something, I've seen us lose more Semi Finals than we've won (I think, today maybe changed that).

Key will be maintaining players, and adding to them. Worst thing you could do would be to have a huge overhaul in the Summer.

Your side is set for what you want to achieve, just as a you say a CM and ST away. Brophy might make a difference but I'm not a fan.

How St Mirren weren’t in the lead when Kane scored I’ll never know.

We struggled to get into it, you could tell the positive Covid tests had messed up the preparation but when we clicked we clicked perfectly.

Commiserations to the buddies, it could’ve been so different. Goodwin has started building something slowly there, who knows what the future holds.

But for now...pump it up.

46 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Getting trolled by a Ross County fan was mental but now a League 1 TITLE WINNING team are having a go 😂

FTFY Bud. Have a nice night reflecting on a season of missed chances and opportunities.

1641894588_PTCFCHAMPIONS202022.jpg.bb7c1b72dadc9e1ca2b72a2b4e7b0233.jpg

I’m starting to wonder whether I possibly died of Covid at the turn of the year and am now experiencing some sort of utopian alternate reality. If so, I’ll take it.

Anyway, we earned the victory today but St Mirren deserve credit for a plucky display. They impressed me.

Edited by The Real Saints

13 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

FTFY Bud. Have a nice night reflecting on a season of missed chances and opportunities.

1641894588_PTCFCHAMPIONS202022.jpg.bb7c1b72dadc9e1ca2b72a2b4e7b0233.jpg

It’s half nine in the morning here mate and I have a smashing Sunday planned. It’s a game, much like your lot, if I let every defeat bother me I would go mental 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, Torfason said:

It’s half nine in the morning here mate and I have a smashing Sunday planned. It’s a game, much like your lot, if I let every defeat bother me I would go mental 👍🏻

I hope you didn't wake the house up kicking the dug 😂

Folk calling for Goodwins head can get in the fuckin sea. Yes he's made mistakes. He made some today.

But at the start of the season I'm pretty sure most saints fans would've taken comfortably avoiding relegation and two semi final appearances. We're on the right track.

Well done St Johnstone - good luck in the final.