Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

None of these commentators / pundits can get the names right.

Big Chris I thinks the St Mirren captain is called Hennesy, Charlie A thinks that the St J midfielder is called Wetherspoon.

Fannies

Edited by Leith Green

Allan Preston 😂 why would the manager of the side who you feel had the best chance to score……..,,,be happy to get to H/T at 0-0 🤔

I think Jim Goodwin will be happy to get to half-time at 0-0. St Mirren had the best chance of the half but St Johnstone have dominated for long spells

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

None of these commentators / pundits can get the names right.

Big Chris I thinks the St Mirren captain is called Hennesy, Charlie A thinks that the St J midfielder is called Wetherspoon.

Fannies

Do Wetherspoons even sell Hennessy? 

Feel we've been not quite 100% there, almost looking a bit rusty, though I think improving as the game goes on. Although the guys playing obviously not directly involved in the covid incident, I wonder if it has affected their training/preparation? Play as we know they can in the second half, still in with a really good shout.

It’s been a while since I’ve felt uncomfortable and like we’re not fully in control of a match. St Mirren have played well, although we’ve grown into it and ended the half as the better side. Not our usual selves. I feel like we need to get the job done in 90 minutes as old man Bryson surely won’t last the pace if it goes to extra time and we have no idea it Gilmour is of the required quality at this level yet.

Both teams giving it a go. Feel we've played alright but the pitch is slow. No doubting the best chance is the Erwin one. Creating that and Alnwick not being forced into anything out of his comfort zone probably leaves Jim Goodwin happy enough and I think Davidson will be pleased enough with how we are doing. 

A slog. Lucky to be level tbh.
Everything about us is laboured, I like Bryson but Craig in there gets the ball, turns, and moves us forward, Bryson is just moving us sideways. Lack of training this week evident.
Worst bit is our only way to change it is to bring on either MOH/Middleton, which inevitably means our main goal threat, Melamed, leaves the park.
Honestly feels like St Mirrens game to lose here.
We have had the best chance, our keeper has made the best save.

StJ edging it overall with play and territorial advantage.

We have a few options to change it up on the bench.

Durmus v Rooney is just about working out for us but it's taking away so much of his attacking threat. He is the only one that has caused problems going forward.

8 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

You’re a negative soul aren’t you? All opinions I guess.

I think we’ve played well. Well on top, lots of shots at goal. They’ve had the one, admittedly great chance. Other than that we’ve looked untroubled. 

Unless they come out transformed I think it’s there for us to win. 

I don't think we've "been on top" at all. All our chances have been outside the box and St Mirren got a free shot from about 5 yards.