Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The completely made up "silhouette of his body" thing that isn't anywhere near the laws of the game, you mean?

Edited by Torfason

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

Obviously though a punter from Kilmarnock knows better though. 👍🏻

Still not a penalty though

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Obviously though a punter from Kilmarnock knows better though. 👍🏻

Thanks for confirming with your link that there is no mention of the "silhouette of the body" in the laws of the game. It was discussed at the time when the law changed, as you've illustrated, but ultimately that didn't make it in there.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Still not a penalty though

Maybe not but just wondering where he was getting his information from as the term is how referees have been told to apply the law.

Not sure he did a great deal wrong as he was stretching and just needed to get something on it - just very good goalkeeping.
The goalkeeper didn't have to do anything because the ball was hit straight at him...

HT 0-0
Been a fairly decent game, pretty open and even. Both teams going at it. We’ve certainly had the best chance. Not sure Lee did much wrong there, he’s on the stretch and he’s got a good contact on it. The keepers got over well and it’s just hit off his hand. A sitter.
In terms of the penalty claim I don’t think it was a penalty but you’ve certainly seen them given. Frustrating thing is that looked like a good shot on target that was blocked by a defenders hand.
Durmus and Rooney is a fascinating battle. Durmus had the better of him initially but then Rooney has had the better in the last period.
Anyone’s game. Think extra time likely.

St Johnstone edged that, but we had the best chance and should have had a penalty for a clear foul. 

Bit backs to the wall by the end there.

I want us to go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Erwin has been decent, btw. Shame about the chance he should've put away, but it was a great save.

A slog. Lucky to be level tbh.

Everything about us is laboured, I like Bryson but Craig in there gets the ball, turns, and moves us forward, Bryson is just moving us sideways. Lack of training this week evident.

Worst bit is our only way to change it is to bring on either MOH/Middleton, which inevitably means our main goal threat, Melamed, leaves the park.

Honestly feels like St Mirrens game to lose here.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

St Johnstone edged that, but we had the best chance and should have had a penalty for a clear foul. 

Bit backs to the wall by the end there.

I want us to go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Erwin has been decent, btw. Shame about the chance he should've put away, but it was a great save.

Lol wut??!!! 

I think St Mirren need to calm it down a wee bit. Too many rushed balls from the midfield.

When they have taken a touch, they have looked very good offensively.

One good save from each keeper.

Game needs a goal.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

A slog. Lucky to be level tbh.

Everything about us is laboured, I like Bryson but Craig in there gets the ball, turns, and moves us forward, Bryson is just moving us sideways. Lack of training this week evident.

Worst bit is our only way to change it is to bring on either MOH/Middleton, which inevitably means our main goal threat, Melamed, leaves the park.

Honestly feels like St Mirrens game to lose here.

You’re a negative soul aren’t you? All opinions I guess.

I think we’ve played well. Well on top, lots of shots at goal. They’ve had the one, admittedly great chance. Other than that we’ve looked untroubled. 

Unless they come out transformed I think it’s there for us to win.