Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Really weird buildup to this game for me, what with the election and my work meaning I haven’t really had a spare minute to even think about it. For the Hibs and Livingston Hampden games I was nervous for at least a week beforehand, whereas even now I keep having to remind myself it’s happening. I think feeling the bitter sweetness of not getting to see the game in person more this time too now we’ve already experienced winning a cup behind closed doors ... really will be a fucking joke if we win the cup double and treble our trophy count without seeing a single game! Some hope Sturgeon might let fans into the final but that’s definitely one for another day...

Two up top worked well against St Mirren earlier in the season and I’d like to see that here, Kane and Melamed. Not too unhappy if one of them drops out for O’Halloran or Middleton who are having a good few weeks - as it is I would rather they are an option from the bench though.

1-1 AET (0-3 pens) Bobby Zlamal last minute equaliser followed by St Mirren shootout collapse.

Maybe it isn't really happening, this is all just a dream.

If St Mirren are 3-5-2, I hope we've done the same. McCann/Bryson alone v those 3 feels like trouble.

Rooney v Durmus at the back post, though...

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I’ve held off posting on here before now, there’s clearly a lot of nonsense being spouted and it’s never worth getting involved in it. 

Whatever happens in this game, as a St Johnstone fan we’ve had a terrific season, after a woeful start. The one thing we know about this team is that they’ll give it a go and won’t ever lack determination and guts. If St Mirren win, then it’ll be because they have outplayed us and deserve to win and if that’s the case then it’ll be well done to them and hope they lose the final, so we have a chance at Europe. Jim Goodwin is clearly a decent coach who’s evolving and changing his squad to improve. Same with Davidson, he’s done the exact same this season. I’m maybe in the minority here, but there’s not a clear favourite in this game, unlike the other semi. These two teams are pretty evenly matched and that’s been proven this season, so flip a coin. 

Hopefully it’s a cracking game, unspoilt by refereeing decisions, controversy and poor play. 

Great post IMO. 

My nerves are on a rollercoaster between the 'we've had a great season, what will be will be', 'we're going to get hounded, because football' and the Tam position of absolute confidence that we are a fitter, better coached team with better quality all over the part and momentum behind us so we'll stroll this one.

Love it.

23 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Been a torrid week for saints this week. Training severely hampered with the covid carry on. Going to take a hell of an effort from all involved to get to the final. If we ever needed the gaffer to nail the tactics and formation it's today. Hoping for the best but got horrible feeling we go out today.

Are we f**k.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why would Durmus be picking up your main aerial threat ?

Because during open play the LWB will generally be having to match the opponents RWB.

Build up play with Booth/Wotherspoon on the left, drag opponents over, leave Rooney v LWB at back post for the cross, is a ploy we've pulled off a few times since he came into the team.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have you punted Parish?

One of the "Covid 4"

Hell of a shift for the Defs/CMs today, btw. Gilmour the only sub on the bench, and our only defensive sub is Brown, who's hardly impressed.

Pleased with that lineup, and at least we have some good attacking options on the bench. Big role for Bryson today in Craig's absence. No idea how much the players will be affected by a week of disruption, but that XI is near enough our strongest. Main worry would be certain players having to go longer than they normally would - particularly if it goes beyond the 90.

Liam surely the biggest miss today, but Stevie’s work rate can’t be underestimated either. That’s the best team we could hope for in those circumstances, with a couple of decent options to change things in an attacking sense. Praying that our midfield stays unharmed. Hopefully we’ve got enough to come through.

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Really weird buildup to this game for me, what with the election and my work meaning I haven’t really had a spare minute to even think about it. For the Hibs and Livingston Hampden games I was nervous for at least a week beforehand, whereas even now I keep having to remind myself it’s happening. I think feeling the bitter sweetness of not getting to see the game in person more this time too now we’ve already experienced winning a cup behind closed doors ... really will be a fucking joke if we win the cup double and treble our trophy count without seeing a single game! Some hope Sturgeon might let fans into the final but that’s definitely one for another day...

Two up top worked well against St Mirren earlier in the season and I’d like to see that here, Kane and Melamed. Not too unhappy if one of them drops out for O’Halloran or Middleton who are having a good few weeks - as it is I would rather they are an option from the bench though.

1-1 AET (0-3 pens) Bobby Zlamal last minute equaliser followed by St Mirren shootout collapse.

I know not the main talking point but the Gov are allowing fans in. 

The SFA just not bothering to arrange it.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.