Saints v Saintees, Scottish Cup Semi-final Sunday 09/05/2021 14:15

Brophy back for St Mirren.
Contrasting build up, this. One side losing players while the other strengthens.
Fraser, Flynn, Obika and Connolly also return to the squad according to Jim in a BT Sport article.

We shall have a full bench!!

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

All windups aside, he was blameless for all the goals he conceded and saved a penalty v Sellick.

Yeah, he was given absolutely no protection in that godawful Hibs game, and the scoreline massively flattered them that day.

Are any other St Johnstone fans firmly in the couldn't give a f**k camp? I think not being allowed to go plus us already winning a cup and sitting fifth is taking a bit of shine from what should be an exciting semi final to look forward to. Or is it just me?

Quite the opposite for me. In terms of what this cup could mean for the winners (£3m+ windfall, guaranteed European football until December, and, in our case, the almost unheard-of opportunity to win a double as a diddy club), Covid doesn’t affect my desire to win at all. It could be an absolute game changer for us.

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Are any other St Johnstone fans firmly in the couldn't give a f**k camp? I think not being allowed to go plus us already winning a cup and sitting fifth is taking a bit of shine from what should be an exciting semi final to look forward to. Or is it just me?

I genuinely felt sorry for you in wining the LC without getting to see it in person. Obviously I'd take winning over not winning it every time, but I'd imagine it was a bit bittersweet. Being present for our two cup wins in my lifetime rank among the greatest days of my life.

There ought to be genuine will to find a way to get fans into this final, if not the semi finals, and it should absolutely be feasible to make it happen but it's clearly the soft/easy option not to bother. 

36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm nowhere near as excited as I should be, and its entirely down to not getting to the game tbh.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's probably just me and I'll snap out of it when we reach the final but It just feels a bit meh at the minute.

The potential for the double over-rides the not being there, for me. I've cared much less about the league games since it was obvious we weren't in danger of being near the relegation spots but the potential for a double makes this special. Quite enjoyed the family scenes in the house at the LC final and SC QF. Not the same, just a different type of memory. 

I've caught myself having a moan about winning a cup without a crowd but then perspective kicks in. 

Whatever happens, that first home game next year is going to be brilliant.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I know what you mean but we haven’t won enough to start turning down opportunities.

Edited by Steve McQueen

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

In all honesty, he did well in the circumstances. He got literally 90 minutes before his debut to meet up with his team mates. 

Watch him play on Sunday and turn into Lev Yashin.

Edited by Coventry Saint