Dundee United v Hibernian

Lyle Lanley

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

I don’t think any football result could possibly happen to my team for me to call for fucking VAR like but that’s just me.

Likewise. Moaning at those biased, bribed or blind referees who are ridiculously biased against <insert your team here> is a perfectly cromulent part of the game and it's culture, and anyways, those instances are offset by those fair, just and righteous match officials who happen to give rulings in favour of <insert your team here> in spite of the flagrantly self-interested mewling and puking of the opposing team's sight-impaired fans.

VAR doesn't stop people moaning, it just means people moan at VAR, which is much duller.

On 27/04/2021 at 08:56, Dundee Hibernian said:

Due to your doddery age, do you remember how longstanding? Or why?

Who's the Prime Minister? What year is it? Can you draw a clock face?

I think you're getting him confused with Throbber. Oh, clock face...

26 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Likewise. Moaning at those biased, bribed or blind referees who are ridiculously biased against <insert your team here> is a perfectly cromulent part of the game and it's culture, and anyways, those instances are offset by those fair, just and righteous match officials who happen to give rulings in favour of <insert your team here> in spite of the flagrantly self-interested mewling and puking of the opposing team's sight-impaired fans.

VAR doesn't stop people moaning, it just means people moan at VAR, which is much duller.

We are in total agreement on this.

Hibs were better than us...end of. No complaints, we needed Hibs to have an off day today and/or a bit of luck, neither of which happened.

Despite us not scoring anyway, the offside goal does have an impact on the dynamic of the game but these things happen in football, so just need to suck it up.

Thought things were looking encouraging right up to the first goal... What Smith was doing with the attempted clearance is anybody’s  guess, but a cracking finish from Nisbet, as was Doidge’s.... play to the whistle and all that. 

On the upside for United, I thought Deniz was decent, which is important as Benji will likely be away in the summer, and we weren’t embarrassed today, despite never really looking like winning.

Fair fucks to Hibs, don’t care who wins the final, just glad it won’t be either of the Gruesome Twosome.

As for us... some work to be done on the summer.... as for now, ehm awa tae feenish getting pished!!!!

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would be brilliant if the SG will let fans in for the final. 

Aye, it would be great if that happened. It would also need the sfa to have bothered their collective arse and come up with a plan that would have allowed supporters to attend the game in whichever stadium that they chose. 

The sfa chose to play the final at Hampden. They never even thought about holding it at any other ground, that's even after getting the t&cs from UEFA for hosting the euro games.

The question you've got to ask is, when did the sfa know about the UEFA restrictions for the euro games at Hampden and why they chose to do f**k all about alternative arrangements for the final? 

1 hour ago, King_Of_Kings said:

Think our defence looks more solid with McGregor in it than Porteous to be honest.

Very interesting thought

We need to stand up to the new " Leeds United of Scottish football " ( for , very , older readers ) , or St. Mirren

Guest Wieghortsnut
Just now, MacArab said:

Yeah well done.. someone already found him.

Best of luck in your semi next week......

Thanks, didn't expect that. Much obliged