Dundee United v Hibernian

Lyle Lanley

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Any advice regarding getting Premier Sports for the game with the shortest subscription possible would be welcomed (I know it'll be on VIP, Hesgoal and so on).

Can buy a months subscription for £12.99, no minimum term etc.

I bought a months for our game in the quarterfinals so it rolls over quite nicely for this.

Following today’s dismal performance we need a completely different approach to this game and take Hibs by surprise.  Start with Sporle and Chalmers wide and play McNulty up beside Shankland or Clark in behind him.  Butcher playing more of a holding role allowing Smith and Robson to go forward.  I’m tempted to say Hoti in for Fuchs but maybe not.

On 30/04/2021 at 11:58, Dundee Hibernian said:

Any advice regarding getting Premier Sports for the game with the shortest subscription possible would be welcomed (I know it'll be on VIP, Hesgoal and so on).

What @Les Cabbage said but try using codes SALE and LALIGA699 at checkout and it gives you a month at £6.99, which is not bad value for money imo, as you get the Eredivisie, La Liga and Serie A with it as well.

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Following today’s dismal performance we need a completely different approach to this game and take Hibs by surprise.  Start with Sporle and Chalmers wide and play McNulty up beside Shankland or Clark in behind him.  Butcher playing more of a holding role allowing Smith and Robson to go forward.  I’m tempted to say Hoti in for Fuchs but maybe not.

You've clearly been tempted by other things!

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

You've clearly been tempted by other things!

I really like Fuchs but think he’s dropped off a wee bit.  In fairness he may just have the cup game on his mind.

I’m convinced Mellon will start with the same team/formation as yesterday but it would be nice to think that if it’s not working he would change it early enough for such changes to have an impact.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Got to love the lack of interest in this tie.

Passed Micky Mellon in Buchanan street earlier this evening wearing the United tracksuit. 

If that is enough interest. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Passed Micky Mellon in Buchanan street earlier this evening wearing the United tracksuit. 

If that is enough interest. 

I hope it was him wearing the tracksuit and not you, or the m8 inquisition might have to convene.

Maybe no fans being allowed into the ground tomorrow has dampened interest, maybe both sets of fans are shitting it and are scared to post thoughts, whatever it is, for me there's disappointment the occasion is passing us by when the semi finals are normally great days out. I'm sure my heart will be pumping tomorrow by kick off time, a 4pm kick off would have meant a 'boisterous' build up and I'll try to match that in the house.

By that, and I'll not be the only one, plenty liquid excitement will be part of the afternoon.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Got to love the lack of interest in this tie.

You've obviously not seen the scenes outside Tannadice for the send off. I, for one, didn't think it was a minter under the current circumstances. 

But if it helps us pump Hibs today, then mint away, boys. (Unless we get fined or kicked out the cup because of it)

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Absolutely dreading this....

Yeah, I’ve been getting increasingly nervous as the week has gone on. But nervous in a good way, at the opportunity I’d hate to see pass us by.

That being said, I’m telling myself that at least I am not nervous in the same way as Killie, County and Accies fans will be at the moment for their next games so need to be greatful for for that. I’d be properly shitting it just now we were in their shoes.

Before a ball was kicked this season, if someone had offered me a semi final in the SC against Hibs with neither cheek in the other semi, and guaranteed leave safety with 4 games to go I’d have bitten their arm of for it.

Can’t wait....

P2BAA

Edited by MacArab

Semi finals are just not that interesting to us.  We play them all the time.  I mean we get beat usually.  But add in the not being able to watch it and the shite kick off time and it’s all a bit meh.

But if we win I’ll be doing a fair good Jordan Belfort getting into a Lamborghini impression tonight.

Substitute the Lamborghini for the number 21 bus though.