Dundee United v Hibernian

Lyle Lanley

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Due to your doddery age, do you remember how longstanding? Or why?

Who's the Prime Minister? What year is it? Can you draw a clock face?

I could draw a cock on your face. Does that count?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Ah right. My wife will testify that I was screaming at the radio when that story came on. What is it with this shite about refusing to spell properly. I mean, no matter how much you want it to, ABRDN is not pronounced the same as ABERDEEN.

Thought the most amusing bit of the video was their suggestion that the "A" came from the Standard Life company name, bet their staff are going "does it, aye?"

Reminded me of when

Spoiler

that tory c**t

Mercer wanted to buy Hibs - the joke was that it would be an all Edinburgh team, called Heart of Midlothian FC.............with the FC bit coming from Hibs name 😬😬

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I apologise most profusely to @Dundee Hibernian, that was an unnecessary and uncalled for piece of childish humour.

I'm sure you're not much different from me in age, but no need for apologies, as childish humour is about my limit.

But do you really hold long standing dislikes of other teams? I cannae be bothered with that these days, excepting the obvious Glasgow twins. And Chelsea.

That semi final where the big rolly polly goalie shitehoused our penalty takers - even as a United fan I kind of appreciated the audacity of that. Not to mention that that United side was an absolute shambles and would have undoubtedly folded against the Undead in the final, so for the greater good of getting it right up Sevco it’s not a game I particularly regret losing. Would be nice if we could win this one though.

58 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm sure you're not much different from me in age, but no need for apologies, as childish humour is about my limit.

But do you really hold long standing dislikes of other teams? I cannae be bothered with that these days, excepting the obvious Glasgow twins. And Chelsea.

Well, sort of, although dislike is probably a bit strong. It depends who is playing who and also if the game affects Aberdeen. I want Celtic and Rangers to lose every game they play, unless a win for them is in our favour. Because I’ve lived in Montrose for the last 36 years, I want them to win every match. The Hibs rivalry comes from the late sixties and early seventies when they were challenging us for second in the league, and took our legend of a manager Eddie Turnbull away from us, and with him the chance to win the league. It became stronger when I learnt that they had been put into the first ever European Cup as Scotland’s representatives even though Aberdeen had won the league. Given that they got to the semi final, it would not be a million miles away to suggest that we could have beaten the Lisbon Lions by eleven years. I lived in Dundee in the seventies, early eighties and all my school mates were Dundee supporters so I sort of learnt to favour the blue side. Now a few of my best friends are United fans so friendly rivalry is the name of the game. Going back to the United/Hibs semi final, definitely want United to win, but then lose the final. I’m a shallow b*st*rd.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Well, sort of, although dislike is probably a bit strong. It depends who is playing who and also if the game affects Aberdeen. I want Celtic and Rangers to lose every game they play, unless a win for them is in our favour. Because I’ve lived in Montrose for the last 36 years, I want them to win every match. The Hibs rivalry comes from the late sixties and early seventies when they were challenging us for second in the league, and took our legend of a manager Eddie Turnbull away from us, and with him the chance to win the league. It became stronger when I learnt that they had been put into the first ever European Cup as Scotland’s representatives even though Aberdeen had won the league. Given that they got to the semi final, it would not be a million miles away to suggest that we could have beaten the Lisbon Lions by eleven years. I lived in Dundee in the seventies, early eighties and all my school mates were Dundee supporters so I sort of learnt to favour the blue side. Now a few of my best friends are United fans so friendly rivalry is the name of the game. Going back to the United/Hibs semi final, definitely want United to win, but then lose the final. I’m a shallow b*st*rd.

That’s really interesting joey.

Spoiler

Only kidding.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

schitts creek christmas GIF by CBC

Jesus..........you should stick to posts about drawing cocks on faces

50 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

schitts creek christmas GIF by CBC

Jesus..........you should stick to posts about drawing cocks on faces

I’ll have you know that it takes at least one and a half minutes for people to move to another room when I’m in the kitchen at parties.

On 27/04/2021 at 14:04, Gibby82 said:

That semi final where the big rolly polly goalie shitehoused our penalty takers - even as a United fan I kind of appreciated the audacity of that. Not to mention that that United side was an absolute shambles and would have undoubtedly folded against the Undead in the final, so for the greater good of getting it right up Sevco it’s not a game I particularly regret losing. Would be nice if we could win this one though.

Wasn’t just the pens iirc. He was fucking superb in the 120 mins previous as well. A couple of 1 on 1 saves as well as another few superb stops.

We just couldn’t get past the fucker..... His fucking enormous girth was helpful in this regard granted, but he just so happened to be on great form that day as well....

Agree better going out then than getting pumped by Sevco in the final tbf, and was glad Hibs went on to win it.

Hopefully our turn this year......