Dundee United v Hibernian

Lyle Lanley

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, but that boy that filled the goalmouth for you, Conrad Logan, isn't available. 

So many people piled on the pounds in lockdown, we can just drag someone off Leith Walk

Would like the winner of this tie to go on and win the competition. 

St Johnstone have won one cup already and would be unbearable if they won two. That and the jealousy factor for all diddy fans inc myself would be off the scale. 

St Mirren......well because they are St Mirren end of..

Just now, kingjoey said:

Anybody but one of these two to win the cup and take their rightful place in a European Group Stage competition. St Mirren would do for me.

^^^^
Still seething after losing to United yesterday. 

Weird feeling about all of this. I feel like I want us to win the thing so we can get European group stage football more than I actually want us to win a trophy.

Whats the point in winning a trophy if we can’t celebrate it properly? The best we can hope for is an impromptu sing song in leith to be condemned by Nicola Sturgeon.

Sure other supporters are the same, wish we’d saved this year for a generic boring old firm trophy win and had this last 4 in the cup next year.

Edit: We’ll definitely be the premier sports game, if they picked the other game they’d have about 13 viewers.

Edited by Les Cabbage

45 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Weird feeling about all of this. I feel like I want us to win the thing so we can get European group stage football more than I actually want us to win a trophy.

Whats the point in winning a trophy if we can’t celebrate it properly? The best we can hope for is an impromptu sing song in leith to be condemned by Nicola Sturgeon.

Sure other supporters are the same, wish we’d saved this year for a generic boring old firm trophy win and had this last 4 in the cup next year.

Edit: We’ll definitely be the premier sports game, if they picked the other game they’d have about 13 viewers.

Think whoever wins the cup. The supporters will ignore the restrictions in place tbf. 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

^^^^
Still seething after losing to United yesterday. 

Very P&B response. The truth is a longstanding dislike of the two teams involved. Due my doddery age it's extremely longstanding.

13 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hopefully Hibs carry on their recent tradition of Hibsing semi finals

I suspect you might need to actually work out the meaning of a word before thrashing away at the keyboard?

hth

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Anybody but one of these two to win the cup and take their rightful place in a European Group Stage competition. St Mirren would do for me.

Quiet acknowledgement that ABRDN place in Scottish Football has now fallen lower than clubs they used to mock for being in the seaside leagues.

nicole richie hair flip GIF

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:
I suspect you might need to actually work out the meaning of a word before thrashing away at the keyboard?
hth

Sorry, I maybe should have used choking instead. Or capitulating. Or even just failing.

100 lines and see me after detention

angry homer simpson GIF

12 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Quiet acknowledgement that ABRDN place in Scottish Football has now fallen lower than clubs they used to mock for being in the seaside leagues.

nicole richie hair flip GIF

Don't remember mocking either club. Wish I had now though. And if you're going to use modern hipster spelling, surely it has to be BRDN.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don't remember mocking either club. Wish I had now though. And if you're going to use modern hipster spelling, surely it has to be BRDN.

Apologies for the confusion Joey, I was referring to yesterdays - tragicomic "is it an April Fool?" - rebrand of the Standard Life Aberdeen brand. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Apologies for the confusion Joey, I was referring to yesterdays - tragicomic "is it an April Fool?" - rebrand of the Standard Life Aberdeen brand. 

Ah right. My wife will testify that I was screaming at the radio when that story came on. What is it with this shite about refusing to spell properly. I mean, no matter how much you want it to, ABRDN is not pronounced the same as ABERDEEN.