Old firm game May 2nd 12pm Ibrox

He has the frame to add some muscle, so I’m optimistic that it can be done. Certainly needs to be much stronger in the air.
Hes also a bit undisciplined with his hands - he panics and grabs when he doesn’t need to, which was how he got his yellow. But you could live with that if the rest of his game is good.
Yeah, he doesn't look like a centre back at the minute. The Celtic goal was comedy defending for a centre back.

I'm fairly sure Helander is one who will be sold in the summer as he represents good value as an asset without being one of the players "critical" to how Rangers play in the way the others who have been mentioned are.

Simpson (and getting him in early) feels like a succession plan. But he's a long way from Helander, who is a very, very good centre back.

4 minutes ago, greendot said:

Ajer, strides out of defence and leaves a big old hole for a quick counter attack. Why would you not want that? Especially against 10men 😉

Because they almost scored from the one time he did it. Dangerous to just let him stride forward like that but yes it could also work in our favour on the counter. 

8 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Yeah, he doesn't look like a centre back at the minute. The Celtic goal was comedy defending for a centre back.

I'm fairly sure Helander is one who will be sold in the summer as he represents good value as an asset without being one of the players "critical" to how Rangers play in the way the others who have been mentioned are.

Simpson (and getting him in early) feels like a succession plan. But he's a long way from Helander, who is a very, very good centre back.

I dunno if I’d go as far to say as he doesn’t look like a CB, but he definitely has areas he needs to work on. He’s a boom or bust player - if you can fix his deficiencies, he’ll be a brilliant CB because he is easily the best CB we have on the ball - Goldson included. 

If you can’t fix him though, then he doesn’t just become an average CB - he’s just bad.

Helander hasn’t lost a league game yet, which speaks to his quality 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Bains distribution is hilarious. 

It’s one of those ‘why the fuck are you signing him?’ signings from Celtic. He was toilet for Dundee.

4 minutes ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Turnbull should be scoring that with a forehead that size.

Turnbull, Patterson and McGinn really speak to the main problem we’re having with producing young players in Scotland - they’re all ugly freaks.

Can you imagine an Italian national team with players this ugly? No, of course not, they’d never allow it.