Old firm game May 2nd 12pm Ibrox

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That’s really good refereeing.  They get plenty stick so you have to give him some credit for how he handled that.  Could easily have stopped play for the foul.

In previous seasons he would have had to stop play to show the second yellow. 

Today is a good illustration of why that rule is now in the bin (although the flip side is that someone who is due to be sent off could prevent a goal following the advantage). 

Great game so far.

McGregor was unlucky with the sending off. They’re technically two yellow card offences, but you’d normally get away with the second one on a yellow. Thought Walsh has been a wee bit card happy tbh.

I can’t believe there are people out there who think Keane Roofe isn’t good lol

Simpson has clear fatal flaws. He isn’t strong and has been bodied at set pieces. If we can fix that then he’s a player, but if we can’t fix that then he’s no use to us whatsoever.

Red card changed the game, cant argue with the yellow cards McGregor is an idiot with the 2nd one, gave the ref a decision to make

2nd goal we should also do much better and McGregor would have saved that.

Could be anything in the 2nd half 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Great game so far.

McGregor was unlucky with the sending off. They’re technically two yellow card offences, but you’d normally get away with the second one on a yellow. Thought Walsh has been a wee bit card happy tbh.

I can’t believe there are people out there who think Keane Roofe isn’t good lol

Simpson has clear fatal flaws. He isn’t strong and has been bodied at set pieces. If we can fix that then he’s a player, but if we can’t fix that then he’s no use to us whatsoever.

I am not sure he can be fixed at the age of 24, however, Rangers seem to be recruiting & developing well so they may be able to polish him up. I feel dirty giving them any praise but credit where it is due.

10 minutes ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Don't understand teams letting Ajer stride forward constantly I'd keep someone on him , man mark a centre back it's the future..

Ajer, strides out of defence and leaves a big old hole for a quick counter attack. Why would you not want that? Especially against 10men 😉

Usual clichéd pish from McFadden at the second yellow for McGregor. “Why does he dive in and give the referee a decision to make?” What pundits should be saying is “why, when he’s already on a yellow, does he commit another yellow card offence?” 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Red card changed the game, cant argue with the yellow cards McGregor is an idiot. 

2nd goal we should also do much better and McGregor would have saved that.

Could be anything in the 2nd half 

Why is Kennedy continuing to pick Brown when he’s signed for another club for next season and is clearly shite ?

Just now, kingjoey said:

Usual clichéd pish from McFadden at the second yellow for McGregor. “Why does he dive in and give the referee a decision to make?” What pundits should be saying is “why, when he’s already on a yellow, does he commit another yellow card offence?” 

I think that's a rare occasion of the ref doing his job 100% right there.  I think almost every time there the ref blows straight away and sends him off, and on the rare occasion he allows play on and we score, he doesn't bother with the second yellow.  I don't praise refs very often, but he's nailed that one. 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Why is Kennedy continuing to pick Brown when he’s signed for another club for next season and is clearly shite ?

For the same reason he won’t be Celtic manager next season 

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

I am not sure he can be fixed at the age of 24, however, Rangers seem to be recruiting & developing well so they may be able to polish him up. I feel dirty giving them any praise but credit where it is due.

He has the frame to add some muscle, so I’m optimistic that it can be done. Certainly needs to be much stronger in the air.

Hes also a bit undisciplined with his hands - he panics and grabs when he doesn’t need to, which was how he got his yellow. But you could live with that if the rest of his game is good.