The Binos v Queens Park.

Next game on the run to the playoffs (hopefully) is a visit from Champions Queens Park to Forthbank on Tuesday night.

Question most Binos fans are asking can we get a win at home, as our home form recently has been poor. Last 2 games at home have both been 1-0 defeats. Can we finally get the points on Tuesday night or will Queens leave Forthbank with the points. ?

Prediction call me a mad fool but have a hunch we might just get something from this game. 1-1 draw [emoji3]

You are a negative mad fool. I would not be surprised if you took everything from this game. The incentive for us has gone and you are still striving for something. Having said that I fancy fourth place is the one to finish in. Hardest tie is 2nd v 3rd. 2-0 Binos. 

Edited by williebraveheart

41 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

The incentive for us has gone  

The main one is obviously gone but there should be an incentive for certain players to prove to the manager they are worthy of being kept on next season ( plus are they not on win bonuses? No idea) 

We're also paying a tenner to watch it

14 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

The main one is obviously gone but there should be an incentive for certain players to prove to the manager they are worthy of being kept on next season ( plus are they not on win bonuses? No idea) 

We're also paying a tenner to watch it

Mick, I agree with you, particularly your last point but the natural chain of events is that it is very difficult to motivate yourself after such a high. The possibility is that some players might already want to move on or know that their time is numbered so aren't really bothered. Human nature is what it is.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Tire them out. City are playing QP on Thursday....

We'll do our best and try to win, but Elgin on Thursday will probably be more important for our getting to the play offs.

Edited by AlbionMan

Expecting a very tough game. QP have scored 4 and conceded 3 in the previous 4 games (poor form by our standard). Stirling have it all to play for so I fancy them to get a result. We miss Quitongo's energy. I expect another reasonably flat performance from Queens. Hopefully I'm wrong as a  strong finish would be tidy heading into next season. 

I quite like Stirling as a club so good luck guys. You've had a terrific year so a final push would be impressive. 

I see from the gaffer's comments in the match preview that major tinkering is afoot.

" It might also be an opportunity for me to experiment and possibly have a look at some players in different positions, but we’ll make a decision on that closer to kick off.”

I'm intrigued as to what the players in different positions might be ?

I wonder if Ray Mac is contemplating on the success of the big St Johnston goalie in their recent cup success. Considering  Oor Wullie is so keen tae venture out o' his area, and that given our relative lack of success in front of goa, by way of missed sitters and balls ballooned intae row Z.

Mibbe Oor Wullie could be the answer, I seem to remember, way back, hearing that he started his career as a centre half. We could then play Robson and Doyle as out an out wingers with big Baynham and Salim as twin centre halfs, given the versatility in the squad. Stranger things have happened.

I remember years ago watching Ian McColl, then manager of  Dundee Utd, sitting in the dugout pre match during the warm up ; and ripping a sheet out of his notebook and tearing it into pieces before scattering them to the wind . I jokingly asked him if that was him picking his team "  he laughed and said "£uck me... I'd be as well doing that with this lot"

Stirling 0 Tinkered Team 1  (WullieMuir 90+5min) 

Seems like we have a few injuries tonight. No Leitch or Ryan which is a blow although Ryan is on the bench. I simply cannot work out why Sean Heaver never plays anymore. One of our best players pre-covid and barely had a look in since.  I thoroughly look forward to the day we release a very good player, he signs for someone like Stenny and bangs in 15-20 goals for them. A complete waste. 

Edited by dave_binos

From the team we put out it looked as if the manager was writing this game off and putting all his eggs into a basket for Elgin. A pretty punchless performance until the late subs introduced some sense of urgency. QP comfortable without having to do very much for the win.

Still, getting to the play offs are still in our own hands although 7 goals in the 10 home games isnt a confidence booster for the split or the play offs if we get there, unless we can convince the team that they're all away games.

Well the curse of Forthbank continues, that’s 3 home games on the trot we have lost. Had chances tonight but Lady Luck seems to have left us.
Queens comfortable winners in the end despite the late fight back, onwards to Elgin and hopefully we get something. All to play just hope it does not come down to the last game at Forthbank.

Seems like we have a few injuries tonight. No Leitch or Ryan which is a blow although Ryan is on the bench. I simply cannot work out why Sean Heaver never plays anymore. One of our best players pre-covid and barely had a look in since.  I thoroughly look forward to the day we release a very good player, he signs for someone like Stenny and bangs in 15-20 goals for them. A complete waste. 

Agree re Sean Heaver what does he have to do to get into the team. Tonight Declan Byrne gets the nod ahead of him and does nothing.
If I were Sean I would be looking for another Club, clearly KR does not rate him.