Arbroath v Morton

Just now, virginton said:

Our strongest eleven does not have Sean 'fucking' McGinty in it.

In a perfect world I would concur VT......but its not and you and I both know  (before you even have sight of the team-sheet) that McGinty is going to start.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

What's that got to do with claiming its our 'strongest 11'?

Thats my take. McGinty shells the ball far too quickly and 9 times out of 10 it comes straight back at us but his saving grace is that he has height and physicallity. .....clutching at straws here I know believe me.

12 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

In a perfect world I would concur VT......but its not and you and I both know  (before you even have sight of the team-sheet) that McGinty is going to start.

Why? Does he have a stash of incriminating photos of Crawford Rae or something? 

There's absolutely no valid reason for McGinty to start and that's why i) we're in this nick of a position in the first place and ii) going through three managers has not been even remotely enough this season. 

Edited by vikingTON

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We are not in this position ‘cos Sean McGinty’.

Anybody who’s been watching knows why we’re in this position.

If Fjortoft had started every game instead of Captain Calamity would we have more points, fewer points or the same points than we do right now? 

Bearing in mind that 19 out of our current points total were won with Fjortoft in the team, from 16 starts. W4 D7 L5 in the team: W2 D3 L5 without. 

Right...

We obviously need the kind of performance we haven’t seen from this team: committed, brave enough to keep playing, and with a wee touch of ruthlessness about it.

We also need two or three individuals to really step up and drag the rest along with them. McGinn, Nesbitt, and McGuffie, in particular, need to get on the ball and make something happen.

Apart from that, I’ve only got two things to say: 1. set pieces; 2. mon the fuckin Caley.

Edited to say: win, lose, or draw... Dick ‘Dick’ Campbell is an utter fud...

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

1 minute ago, virginton said:

If Fjortoft had started every game instead of Captain Calamity would we have more points, fewer points or the same points than we do right now? 

Bearing in mind that 19 out of our current points total were won with Fjortoft in the team, from 16 starts. W4 D7 L5 in the team: W2 D3 L5 without. 

I’d pick him.

Not convinced it would have made any difference, given some of the garbage in front of any CBs we play.

I’d have been tempted to play all of them tonight, btw, with Strapp at wing-back.

But let’s see...