Arbroath v Morton

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The atmosphere are Gayfield tonight would have been absolutely electric. 

5 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

It’ll certainly be electric in my hoose.

^^^ bunch o' currents.   😛

3 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

I mostly agree with this, but I'm not sure where we find a sensible attacking lineup. We've whittled down our number of strikers to 2, and they're both a bit rubbish (to put it mildly). Oliver is our best forward, but he's never been any good as a lone striker. We could play a front 3 of Nesbitt, McGuffie, and Oliver, but the argument could be made that they're all best as a number 10 - none of them want to be focused on getting into the box. 

Do we give Lyon a chance in a much more forward role, tell him to get on the end of as much as he can? Colville is another one who will want to drift and look to do things outside the box - Arbroath might like us playing the ball about in circles while they wait to pick holes in our defence. 

Or, given that we don't concede many away from home (especially not early in the game), do we just keep it tight and then look to score if we need to later on? If our best chance is Ayr losing, then we're maybe best not taking too many risks. 

I think playing Jacobs and McGinn deeper in midfield to allow Lyon to get forward so that we don't need to play Muirhead or Orsi is probably where my thinking is at the moment. 

I agree that regardless of what we do it's not going to be good, but sensible is relative. Having Lyon or Colville pushing forward as an attacking midfielder to play off Oliver with McGuffie and Nesbitt out wide is preferable to a 4-4-2 with two holding midfielders, a full back at left mid and Orsi & Muirhead up front.

30 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

A word of caution - in recent weeks Morton have drawn with Hearts, Motherwell and Dundee - this is going to be a tough match.

Don't forget East Fife and Alloa.

We don't do losing! 

Only problem is we're not really a goal machine either.

So need Inverness to show a bit of class unlike the Partick and Mirren fishermen coming here to gloat.

What the f**k is he even talking about anyway? Take the 'frustration' of being fucking useless against an already relegated team and become the Ajax 95 outfit against much more difficult opposition? No problem!

The time to turn frustration into goals and wins was last Saturday and you played Kalvín Orsi up front and five fucking defenders. Get out regardless of this evening's result.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Lifetime bam from everywhere for that headline.

Think you maybe meant to say 'ban'......but hey. Wasnt sure this site would be operating as per usual given the social media 'boycot' kicked in at 3pm today. I guess P&B isnt classified as social media? 

7 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Think you maybe meant to say 'ban'......but hey. Wasnt sure this site would be operating as per usual given the social media 'boycot' kicked in at 3pm today. I guess P&B isnt classified as social media? 

I did.

Why would 'clubs boycott social media have any effect on P&B...

Just left an outside pub on Gt. Western Road in Glasgow. Outside seating was limited and very busy. I was lucky enough to secure a single table with 2 seats (only needed 1). Was just about to leave when 2 young lads arrived looking for a space.Being the good-hearted  Ton soul...I offered my table since I was just about to leave anyway. The guys were very polite and grateful ....and then I noticed one of them had a phone plastered in Red ' Yella.......(to be continued next season....I hope).