Arbroath v Morton

A sensible starting XI:

McAdams

Ledger - Fjortoft - McLean - Strapp

Jacobs - Lyon

Nesbitt - Colville - McGuffie

Oliver

While that's what I'd go for, I can see the arguments for Hynes at right back, or McGinn instead of Colville with Lyon further forward.

On what we've seen so far though MacPherson will definitely have McGinty at left back, probably Strapp at left mid and at least one of Orsi and Muirhead up front - a weaker defence, a less creative midfield and an absence of quality at centre forward.

The time for pissing about with the starting XI is gone. Those are our best players in each position, pick them.

Would agree with above but we know it won't happen.

If Orsi or Muirhead start, we won't win, I think it's that simple.

Gus must see that surely??

If he plays Strapp at left mid again with McGinty behind him, feck me, we are done for.

Get our best footballers out there, Oliver, Nesbitt, Lyon and McGuffie to give us our best chance of winning this.

Can see Hopkin getting his point up in Inverness so we need to win this or it's the seaside leagues for at least a few years. 

10 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

A sensible starting XI:

McAdams

Ledger - Fjortoft - McLean - Strapp

Jacobs - Lyon

Nesbitt - Colville - McGuffie

Oliver

While that's what I'd go for, I can see the arguments for Hynes at right back, or McGinn instead of Colville with Lyon further forward.

On what we've seen so far though MacPherson will definitely have McGinty at left back, probably Strapp at left mid and at least one of Orsi and Muirhead up front - a weaker defence, a less creative midfield and an absence of quality at centre forward.

The time for pissing about with the starting XI is gone. Those are our best players in each position, pick them.

I reckon about 99.9% of Morton supporters would pick that line up.  Mainly because it's as clear as day that it is the best we have.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Scored 11 in our last 4 going into this..  surely get a goal or two here 

Surprised to see you've let  14 in over your last 8. Gives us a glimmer of hope that we can cause some problems and you're not great at the back 

We have let in 9 during the same period, but of course, our problem is at the other end.

Edited by madton

Well Dunning has pick our best team but sadly it won't happen.

As all is on the line Arbroath should expect a larger than normal PPV audience so hope Arbroath TV is up to it.

While I read others were experiencing difficulties early doors Saturday I was fine until it blacked out at 84 mins. Not sure I will still be here for the playoffs if it happens this Friday. Will be muting it as the boy who does commentry should realise this is important and any additional irritation is unwanted.

11 hours ago, Alibi said:

I reckon about 99.9% of Morton supporters would pick that line up.  Mainly because it's as clear as day that it is the best we have.

I agree as well (maybe with McGinn instead of Colville or Lyon). However, it's no wonder we're getting relegated if that's our best starting lineup. It looks solid enough in a certain way, but there still aren't many goals in there whatsoever. 

Our best hope on Friday looks like hoping to keep it tight and trying to get a goal from a set piece.

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

Our best hope on Friday looks like hoping to keep it tight and trying to get a goal from a set piece.

Our best hope on Friday is news filtering through of a couple of early goals for Inverness and both team revert to tippy tippy run down the clock.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Our best hope on Friday is news filtering through of a couple of early goals for Inverness and both team revert to tippy tippy run down the clock.

Aye will be interesting if we go in level at half time and Ayr are a few goals down.

Unofficial Gus and Dick nod of let's see this out...then of course Ayr score 2 towards the end, leaving us fecked.

I'm tempted to buy both games and turn my phone off for 90 minutes..

18 minutes ago, madton said:

Aye will be interesting if we go in level at half time and Ayr are a few goals down.

Unofficial Gus and Dick nod of let's see this out...then of course Ayr score 2 towards the end, leaving us fecked.

I'm tempted to buy both games and turn my phone off for 90 minutes..

Arbroath May settle for and be happy with a draw come full time but there’s no way we’ll set out with that intention. If we win and Queen of the South lose then we would end up 6th, a big incentive to go all out for the win.