Raith vs Hearts

What we signed was an up-and-coming young defender who was supposed to fill Christophe Berra's shoes and help us to get back to the top 3/4. He'd been linked with a Scotland call-up and a move to Rangers, so most thought it was a bit of a coup.
What we actually got was an error-prone near-ever-present in a terrible defence which conceded 52 goals in 30 games and got us relegated*. All he's proven this season is that he's reasonable enough for the Championship and isn't as bad as Popescu or Berra.
Given expectation vs. reality, he is one of the best examples I can think of when it comes to disappointing signings in recent years. I had no expectation of Elliott Frear or Ross Stewart being good so they haven't been as disappointing.

Well when you put it like that...

7 hours ago, DC92 said:

I had no expectation of Elliott Frear or Ross Stewart being good so they haven't been as disappointing.

Stewart conceded 5 goals in 2 games when given the chance to step up against QOS and Brora - an absolute nailed-on certainty to be offered a deal. 

On 01/05/2021 at 00:36, roverthemoon said:

As an aside, Partick Thistle showed how it was done last night. Teams and fans celebrating a return to where they thought they should be. No petted lip, no embarrassing trophy lift, no crybabies on social media. Just understanding that winning the league was actually the biggest GIRUY to the SPFL. 

Agreed about Partick Thistle doing things right -  banning all SPFL and SFA officials from the ground for their trophy presentation is the right thing to do. Hearts were far too decent about it! 😀