Raith vs Hearts

Lads, please don’t quote Frank conner. I muted him months ago, and my Friday evening has been grim enough without reading his dribbling tripe. 
I'm surprised you had to mute him. He's barely been on our threads this season. Mcglynns obviously been doing not too bad.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Livi were promoted too. No team below 2nd ever has, but imo 6 years hardly constitutes as 'a set precedent'

Yeah somebody’s going to come up from 3rd or 4th eventually. Doesn’t seem likely to be us but then there was that guy who survived the atomic bombing of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I’m not having all this ‘just be glad to be in the league’ pish. In the last ten years, including ourselves four League 1 champions have finished in the top 4, and five have finished 5th. Cowdenbeath came up and finished 8th which I’m sure was success for them. It isn’t difficult to come up to this league and do well.

Tonight was a disaster, I’m as close to a fanboy as you’ll get but McGlynn got it badly wrong. I can’t believe he thought Mendy was the way to go tonight. Having said that Hearts could probably beat us 4-0 if we got everything right. The damage was really done last week, where we didn’t play well enough and got a bit unlucky with decisions.

Davidson’s red card shows all it really takes to change a play-off tie. Not even a foul, but it ends up a red card and penalty. Can’t believe how wrong the ref got that. We clearly can beat both Dunfermline and Dundee over two legs but we’re also capable of beating ourselves too. Really feels like the chances of promotion are all but gone to be honest, which is a real shame with a player like Hendry in the squad who simply can’t be replaced.

Take a step back. After we got promoted, if someone had said we’d be secure in the Championship and in a play off to go up the way, we’d have laughed. Let’s go into the games against Dunfermline with nothing to lose.  Finish the season keeping them down and it’s perfect. 

Very professional by Hearts. Really good to see the team being respectful to the league by not downing tools early. May the best team get through the playoffs and hopefully send another Premiership club down. 
All the best to hearts next season. Deserved to win the league. With budget you had it would be criminal not to but the job still had to be done.

We were well beaten tonight. Davo getting sent off, while farcical, probably didn't change the game much. The positives we can take is Vaughan and gullan getting some more game time to get match fit ahead of the playoffs and erm, erm.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

I keep coming back to this, but to some extent the die is cast in the Summer. McGlynn took a punt on some guys from the lower leagues in England and Musonda looks the part, the two strikers don't. If we hadn't got Vaughan fit and Gullan in? 

On the other hand McGlynn stuck by his guns in playing decent style of entertaining football and maybe put together the best midfield we've had in years. 

We have a decent 11 in there, we don't have a good squad. Promotion would be a huge stretch. 

To be fair, Duku did the business until Christmas.