Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

This is brilliant! You? You are hoping Davo is available for Tuesday?

I’ll remind you of this.

Please do when he Mendys it at EEP! 

These are bad times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much this. McGlynn has to take full blame for the past 6 days disaster.
Settle doon. McGlynn didn't injure Musonda or Matthews, and missing those 2 has forced his hand. Mind you, I think he must have been on the funny fags when he came up with tonight's game plan.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think there's been much over reaction. This has been an awful performance,  a poor team selection, and absolutely zero lessons having been learned from last time we played Hearts.

I doubt Hearts have had many easier games this season, the fact we've had a good season shouldn't mitigate the fact that tonight has been absolutely pathetic.

Yeah. This has been almost exactly the same as the previous Hearts match. 

Clutching at straws, but we followed up that match with a convincing 3-1 win against Dundee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven't had some Falkirk style collapse. We've lost two games. One narrowly at Dens, one badly tonight. 

Talk of capitulation is nonsense. As I said earlier, if we'd finished the season with three games against teams at the bottom end and chucked it, you could argue that, but we've had two of the toughest games we'll get at this level, with injuries and a daft red card to content with. 

Tonight hasn't been good enough, but the folk chucking their scarves onto the back lawn need to give themselves a shake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think there's been much over reaction. This has been an awful performance,  a poor team selection, and absolutely zero lessons having been learned from last time we played Hearts.

I doubt Hearts have had many easier games this season, the fact we've had a good season shouldn't mitigate the fact that tonight has been absolutely pathetic.

Both home games against Hearts have been absolute capitulations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't have a good squad. There is a good 11 in there, and when it clicks a really good side. However, the squad is thin on quality. We probably have won a disproportionate number of games to keep us going in top 4 over the season.

Without Masonda, there is a dearth of quality at the back, Dulu and Ugwu are largely a bust up top. In many respects, with half a decent defence and largely playing with a sub par forward line it's an incredible achievement to make it as far as we did. McGlynn I a good coach and a decent manager for this level, but not without his faults either.

Pretty sure we would have fallen away over 36 games. Grim end to an otherwise brilliant season for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Momentum means a lot in these things tbf.

Although not as much as a crucial player getting injured!

It does, and Dundee have it. 

Raith having blown second won't though, despite it being a good season for them coming third, their players will be dissapointed, we had won a couple in a row and not lost in 5 before tonight, mentally we're probably going into the tie happier than Raith. 

 

Little bit fresher too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is absolutely no way we are going up now. We are going to be in the Championship next season. That’s all that matters. That’s success. The only thing to be decided is if we deny Dunfermline or just go out with a whimper.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

It does, and Dundee have it. 

Raith having blown second won't though, despite it being a good season for them coming third, their players will be dissapointed, we had won a couple in a row and not lost in 5 before tonight, mentally we're probably going into the tie happier than Raith. 

 

Little bit fresher too. 

Yeah. The last 30 minutes chasing shadows with 10 men hasn't been ideal. 

Your away record is awful though. So if we can keep the tie alive at East End we have something to cling to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

There is absolutely no way we are going up now. We are going to be in the Championship next season. That’s all that matters. That’s success. The only thing to be decided is if we deny Dunfermline or just go out with a whimper.  

If we knock out the Pars I'm not even bothered about what happens after. I'll take that as a good ending to a very good season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it just Accies who have been promoted from the Championship via the play-offs?

Has any team who finished 3rd or 4th in the Championship been promoted via the play-offs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...