Raith vs Hearts

Need to find a way of somehow picking ourselves off the floor after that. Pretty much a shambles from start to finish. After the red card, which in itself was a total joke, it was always going to be open season. 

Davidson isn't good, but the alternatives? f**k me. Get the red appealed straight after full time and have Mendy banished in case McGlynn thinks about picking him again. I don't know what the f**k he was playing at tonight, frankly. A disaster of a decision. 

Thing is, in the grand scheme of things. Least we aren’t in Morton’s position. Would have taken it at the start. But to be close to second and have it in our own hands, it’s a bit like the Alloa scenario a couple of seasons ago. In our own hands into the last game and we haven’t taken it.

Still have a slim chance of promotion. More than any of us thought or could have imagined at the start of the season. Yes that was bad tonight. But over 27 games we have largely been good with some great performances.

The way we were set up tonight wasn’t right. Hearts basically played the same way the last time they visited Kirkcaldy. So I’m not sure why John persisted with the style of football. He must have knew they would have pushed up and pressed us from the get go.

But hey ho. Yup from the outside we have bottled it a wee bit. But not completely. 

Just now, Wardy said:

Thing is, in the grand scheme of things. Least we aren’t in Morton’s position. Would have taken it at the start. But to be close to second and have it in our own hands, it’s a bit like the Alloa scenario a couple of seasons ago. In our own hands into the last game and we haven’t taken it.

Still have a slim chance of promotion. More than any of us thought or could have imagined at the start of the season. Yes that was bad tonight. But over 27 games we have largely been good with some great performances.

The way we were set up tonight wasn’t right. Hearts basically played the same way the last time they visited Kirkcaldy. So I’m not sure why John persisted with the style of football. He must have knew they would have pushed up and pressed us from the get go.

But hey ho. Yup from the outside we have bottled it a wee bit. But not completely. 

Very good now f**k off!

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is it just Accies who have been promoted from the Championship via the play-offs?

Has any team who finished 3rd or 4th in the Championship been promoted via the play-offs?

Livi also.

And no.

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

We aren't going up. Best 11 fit, and only 4 games to play? Maybe. Not like this though.

Could argue we were actually better (like marginally) in the first half with Mendy playing, rather than having Dan Armstrong. If I were John, I’d have stuck on Ugwu or Duku for Mendy rather than Armstrong. Play with Gullan and Vaughan behind him. But not to be. No point analysing too much tonight. All about Tuesday night now. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we knock out the Pars I'm not even bothered about what happens after. I'll take that as a good ending to a very good season. 

Exactly. This is my goal for the season. Even if it doesn’t happen then as long as the Pars stay down I’m happy. Have the feeling we have run out of steam so I think we will be knocked out. 

Suddenly Dundee are world beaters and McPake is getting the freedom of Dundee , 

dundee finished where the should have and rightly so with the money that’s  been spent on that squad  on the other hand the rovers are approx 6 places higher than we should be

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Very good now f**k off!

Jesus fucking Christ. You’re an absolute weapon man. Disconnect your internet and go for a drive up the coast or something. Absolute embarrassment of a poster. Who adds absolutely f**k all other than trivial pish. Good night. 

The writing was on the wall after we all saw the team selection before kick off, but doubt many of us thought it would be that bad. Even putting aside Musonda and Matthews’ injuries, the slow collapse from the team has been concerning, starting with the draw at home to Arbroath. 

Overall though, the season has been a success, and it’s not over quite yet. On current form and past playoff records I don’t even see making it past the Pars. 

After getting promoted, finishing third should feel pretty good but right now it disnae. 

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is it just Accies who have been promoted from the Championship via the play-offs?

Has any team who finished 3rd or 4th in the Championship been promoted via the play-offs?

Livi were promoted too. No team below 2nd ever has, but imo 6 years hardly constitutes as 'a set precedent'

Just now, Wardy said:

Jesus fucking Christ. You’re an absolute weapon man. Disconnect your internet and go for a drive up the coast or something. Absolute embarrassment of a poster. Who adds absolutely f**k all other than trivial pish. Good night. 

Sounds like Mcglynn's team talk!

Definitely not going up. Missing Matthews and Musonda is huge but Mendy and King are awful and should be nowhere near this team. I still don't know what King actually does.

Yes 3rd is great and we'd all have taken it but it's a bit like being 3-0 up, drawing 3-3 and saying you'd have taken a point pre match. After where we were McGlynn has bottled it again and has to take the blame.

If we now end up losing to the Pars it's going to be an extremely disappointing end to the season.

I don't care if you've just came up from League 1. You've had an amazing season considering that factor, undoubtedly. To go into the season with a 37 year old Iain Davidson as your starting CH and fucking Mendy, who's been known to be one of the worst footballers to grace Scottish football as his back up is criminal.

They'll get a hat trick each against us in the play-offs now that I've said that.

Just now, Ding Dang Doo said:

Definitely not going up. Missing Matthews and Musonda is huge but Mendy and King are awful and should be nowhere near this team. I still don't know what King actually does.

Yes 3rd is great and we'd all have taken it but it's a bit like being 3-0 up, drawing 3-3 and saying you'd have taken a point pre match. After where we were McGlynn has bottled it again and has to take the blame.

If we now end up losing to the Pars it's going to be an extremely disappointing end to the season.

I keep coming back to this, but to some extent the die is cast in the Summer. McGlynn took a punt on some guys from the lower leagues in England and Musonda looks the part, the two strikers don't. If we hadn't got Vaughan fit and Gullan in? 

On the other hand McGlynn stuck by his guns in playing decent style of entertaining football and maybe put together the best midfield we've had in years. 

We have a decent 11 in there, we don't have a good squad. Promotion would be a huge stretch. 

5 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Are you upset about something?