Raith vs Hearts

Pretty much this. McGlynn has to take full blame for the past 6 days disaster.
Settle doon. McGlynn didn't injure Musonda or Matthews, and missing those 2 has forced his hand. Mind you, I think he must have been on the funny fags when he came up with tonight's game plan.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think there's been much over reaction. This has been an awful performance,  a poor team selection, and absolutely zero lessons having been learned from last time we played Hearts.

I doubt Hearts have had many easier games this season, the fact we've had a good season shouldn't mitigate the fact that tonight has been absolutely pathetic.

Yeah. This has been almost exactly the same as the previous Hearts match. 

Clutching at straws, but we followed up that match with a convincing 3-1 win against Dundee. 

We haven't had some Falkirk style collapse. We've lost two games. One narrowly at Dens, one badly tonight. 

Talk of capitulation is nonsense. As I said earlier, if we'd finished the season with three games against teams at the bottom end and chucked it, you could argue that, but we've had two of the toughest games we'll get at this level, with injuries and a daft red card to content with. 

Tonight hasn't been good enough, but the folk chucking their scarves onto the back lawn need to give themselves a shake. 

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think there's been much over reaction. This has been an awful performance,  a poor team selection, and absolutely zero lessons having been learned from last time we played Hearts.

I doubt Hearts have had many easier games this season, the fact we've had a good season shouldn't mitigate the fact that tonight has been absolutely pathetic.

Both home games against Hearts have been absolute capitulations.

We don't have a good squad. There is a good 11 in there, and when it clicks a really good side. However, the squad is thin on quality. We probably have won a disproportionate number of games to keep us going in top 4 over the season.

Without Masonda, there is a dearth of quality at the back, Dulu and Ugwu are largely a bust up top. In many respects, with half a decent defence and largely playing with a sub par forward line it's an incredible achievement to make it as far as we did. McGlynn I a good coach and a decent manager for this level, but not without his faults either.

Pretty sure we would have fallen away over 36 games. Grim end to an otherwise brilliant season for us.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Momentum means a lot in these things tbf.

Although not as much as a crucial player getting injured!

It does, and Dundee have it. 

Raith having blown second won't though, despite it being a good season for them coming third, their players will be dissapointed, we had won a couple in a row and not lost in 5 before tonight, mentally we're probably going into the tie happier than Raith. 

Little bit fresher too. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

It does, and Dundee have it. 

Raith having blown second won't though, despite it being a good season for them coming third, their players will be dissapointed, we had won a couple in a row and not lost in 5 before tonight, mentally we're probably going into the tie happier than Raith. 

Little bit fresher too. 

Yeah. The last 30 minutes chasing shadows with 10 men hasn't been ideal. 

Your away record is awful though. So if we can keep the tie alive at East End we have something to cling to. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

There is absolutely no way we are going up now. We are going to be in the Championship next season. That’s all that matters. That’s success. The only thing to be decided is if we deny Dunfermline or just go out with a whimper.  

If we knock out the Pars I'm not even bothered about what happens after. I'll take that as a good ending to a very good season.