Raith vs Hearts

Who is the guy with the sunbed tan, slick back hair and glasses on on your bench? 
The camera cut to McGlynn and there was a boy beside him giving orders (sheepishly). I've had a look at you staff page and he isn't on there. :lol:

I’ve no idea. Less idea why you care? What a thoroughly weird interaction.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Mendy off for literally anyone on the bench except Robbie Thomson. And then drive him to Kelty for good measure. 

Davo is on the field and you are slaughtering Mendy. That shows how bad he’s been.

For as much as we have seen the best of Mcglynn throughout this season, today we have seen the worst.  Trying to be clever, playing a centre half who isn't good enough, against a team who murdered us in the last fixture.

It's been a great season, but our attempt to secure 2nd place has been absolutely pathetic, so far. 

I think in the first and last ten minutes of that half you can see what the gameplan was. Without Matthews we don't have the midfield to play the diamond, and the Gullan/Vaughan attacking duo has looked like our best bet. 

But deary me, as far as fatal flaws go, Mendy is more fatal than most. 

Even though this Hearts side have been shoogly throughout the season, they've still got a lot of quality players. You're going to need to ride your luck a little, and do the simple things right. Parachuting Mendy into that backline has just disrupted a lot of what our defence can do well. 

Ultimately, Dundee hammering Queens is going to do for us. A win tonight was always going to be a huge ask, but I think John McGlynn has made it more difficult than it necessarily needed to be. 

For as much as we have seen the best of Mcglynn throughout this season, today we have seen the worst.  Trying to be clever, playing a centre half who isn't good enough, against a team who murdered us in the last fixture.
It's been a great season, but our attempt to secure 2nd place has been absolutely pathetic, so far. 
It just abysmal when we watch two centre half at the 18 yard of the Hearts box trying to cross a ball. If we haven't made a change at half time it's time to just admit we've lost £100k in one game

We've nothing to lose now, may as well make the changes and have a go second half. Mendy will hopefully never play for us again, nice guy etc but hopeless. Hopefully this game will be akin to the falkirk game last season where mcglynn ditched the 352 at ht and we were unlucky to only draw.

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

A defence with Davo and Mendy in it was never going to be good enough. Ah well, bring on the Pars

Bring on the Pars? With Mendy and Davo or with a different back line?

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be honest, I refuse to be disappointed at coming 3rd. Given injuries and suspensions I think the play offs are well too far for us, but it's still been an amazing season. The trick is to have a good summer after it. As we showed in 2017 and Ayr have shown this season, one bad transfer window can land you in shit.

1 minute ago, renton said:

To be honest, I refuse to be disappointed at coming 3rd. Given injuries and suspensions I think the play offs are well too far for us, but it's still been an amazing season. The trick is to have a good summer after it. As we showed in 2017 and Ayr have shown this season, one bad transfer window can land you in shit.

When you are 4 points ahead with 2 games left, and are the form team in the league, to blow it in this manner is pretty disappointing tbh.

Yeah, a wee bit perspective required, I think. We're without our best defender, and while Matthews isn't our "best" midfielder, he's probably the most difficult to replace, in terms of style of play. 

If we'd had Hearts at home and Dundee away two or three games ago, had lost them both, and then beaten Alloa and Queens to finish third, we'd be delighted.