Raith vs Hearts

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Congratulations on your title. Sorry about last summer. No hard feelings. 

Fancy chucking this one to spite Dundee? 

Just in case they didn't get this you should ask them to check their spam folder.

Well instead of trying to sit in and hold what we have lets get out there and kick ass go for it we are in the playoffs regardless lets go for the jugular. We in my opinion set our stall for a draw Gollum saw fit to shaft us. It's still in our hands if we are to lose 2nd at least go down fighting.

Edited by steakngravy
Call to arms.

At the start of the season, I was dreading going into this fixture with us needing a win owing to the possible consequences. This was however with a view that we were going into this league to survive and would be drawn into a relegation battle. Lo and behold, the worry is 3rd place rather than 2nd if we don't win. 

I expected Caley to win today given they needed the win and Hearts did not. Ominous. 

Edited by Michael W

15 minutes ago, Michael W said:

At the start of the season, I was dreading going into this fixture with us needing a win owing to the possible consequences. This was however with a view that we were going into this league to survive and would be drawn into a relegation battle. Lo and behold, the worry is 3rd place rather than 2nd if we don't win. 

I expected Caley to win today given they needed the win and Hearts did not. Ominous. 

Yeah this sums it up. Literally have nothing to lose these next few weeks. Disappointing today but it’s not like it was a shock result. It’s pretty standard Rovers to be fair. 

25 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This

Have a green one

Hearts were really good today. I imagine we won’t be as good next week or as fired up as it’s not trophy day, like today was. We are hard to score against now especially with Souttar back and Halkett actually playing well. I think that’s 4 clean sheets in a row. Boyce, Gnando and MacKay-Steven also looked a handful today and linked really well. Should be a good open game as Raith need to go for the win - Hearts are so inconsistent that it’s impossible to know what to expect. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we played a couple of kids next week - we put a 16 year old on today albeit not for long. No idea what team Neilson will select or what version of Hearts will turn up. 🤷‍♂️

Hearts were really good today. I imagine we won’t be as good next week or as fired up as it’s not trophy day, like today was. We are hard to score against now especially with Souttar back and Halkett actually playing well. I think that’s 4 clean sheets in a row. Boyce, Gnando and MacKay-Steven also looked a handful today and linked really well. Should be a good open game as Raith need to go for the win - Hearts are so inconsistent that it’s impossible to know what to expect. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we played a couple of kids next week - we put a 16 year old on today albeit not for long. No idea what team Neilson will select or what version of Hearts will turn up. [emoji2369]
The ultimate show of disrespect would be to send your under 16s. Queen of the South played a 16 year old against us in December and we gave him a night off.

Huge game for us. I would have Dundee favourites for 2nd place now. Can’t see them not winning against QOS and if Hearts turn up and play to their best they will win.

Looking more positively, we have seen this season there is no guarantee which Hearts side will turn up. Hopefully they give some younger players a game and are in a bit of holiday mode.

We should also take a bit of encouragement from Hearts recent away form. Since they beat us at Starks they have only won 1 of their 7 in all competitions away from home and haven’t won away in their last 6. Unfortunately most of those are draws and I don’t think a draw will be enough for us.

The usual weekly statement on injuries. Hopefully we can get Musonda and Matthews back and we can line up the same way as the Pars win. If Matthews is still out that means King will have to come in for Tait and we still haven’t seen nearly enough from him.

Should also add on a positive note, we haven’t lost back to back league games under McGlynn since he came back. If we can get everyone back fit, I will predict a 1-1 draw with all eyes on Dumfries for a favour.

Edited by R.R.FC

45 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Well beaten the last time at Stark’s and not hopeful about getting the win we need in this one, unless Hearts have downed tools. Fear we may have to rely on QOS to help us to second. Hope I’m wrong. 

That was the dead on our feet game, and Hendry sent off before half time. Plus Hearts were out for revenge after their Tynecastle defeat. They haven't been doing well away from Tynecastle lately either so I don't see anything like 4-0 this time. But they'll still be favourites.

On he other hand Dundee have only won 3 away games in the league, so yes, we're hoping QOS make an effort.

Proper Hearts men are still going to be angry if we only win the championship by a double figure margin but they might calm down a little faster. Hearts could really do with putting whatever gloss they can on this decidedly lacklustre season.

The romance of Raith coming up and not just surviving but getting 2nd would be seductive though

If that happens then I hope we’ve at least made them earn it

Hearts should win this however it depends what team turns up as like the rest of the league they’re inconsistent. We’ve nothing to lose here so just go out and give it a go the worst case we’ll finish 3rd (the horror). Don’t assume Dundee will win either yes Queens have nothing to play for and have been poor but Dundee are more than capable of blowing their own feet off with both barrels. As said above this fixture was most likely to be us scrapping to avoid the drop not 2nd/3rd, go out play our best and we’ll see where we finish at F/T worst case we get another couple of games against the Pars. The playoffs are a free hit for JMc and the team they’ve done more than anyone expected.