• 3 weeks later...

Been a breakthrough season for Sopel. He scored some good goals and made some decent contributions from out wide. He on the other hand was anonymous in some games. He has potential but I would say if he wants to go further his final ball/decision making needs to greatly improve.

Daniel Hoban has signed for the club. He was well thought of at Forfar with fans rating him one of the best in the League. Great for competition signing a GK of that quality as Tom McHale is a strong performer also, unless a move for him is in the wind? If he is back up hope that’s a sign of things to come in terms of quality signings.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears very quiet on the transfer front after signing a centre half and goalie. We badly need a strong midfield player and a good striker.I know it is early in the preseason period but frankly some of the signings from last year are not good enough and we need to add quality if we are to contend for promotion. While the players did well to contend last season and put in a huge effort ultimately we were not good enough. I would rather see more quality in the team with less signings. Any views Elgin fans?

sometimes were a bit quiet on the signing front god knows why but i agree a strong midfielder needs in and a decent striker to pair up with hester or to be on par with him also because of bronsky leaving id like to see a atrong central defender in but hopefully there may be some trialists as weve released some pre season games

The Centre Half we signed will be Bronsky’s replacement.  I would like to see more quality out wide and another striker wouldn’t go amiss. Early days but I suspect it will be the usual story of decent players not wanting to travel North with offers nearer home.

So much for Bronsky's "retirement". I know he said he couldn't commit because of work but to sign for one of our rivals within a couple of weeks is a bit much. Would have a bit more respect for him if he'd said he wanted to leave for another club that suited him

So much for Bronsky's "retirement". I know he said he couldn't commit because of work but to sign for one of our rivals within a couple of weeks is a bit much. Would have a bit more respect for him if he'd said he wanted to leave for another club that suited him
bit of a bummer that it was said he was leaving due to work commitments then goes and signs for another team in the league or unless its cause its cooser to home a bit and it wouldnt hinder his work commitments
The official statement when he left you lot said that "they wish him all the best for his career" and "they hope to see him back in an Elgin shirt". Quite obvious that he was going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

The official statement when he left you lot said that "they wish him all the best for his career" and "they hope to see him back in an Elgin shirt". Quite obvious that he was going elsewhere.

possibly but they also said he couldnt give his full commitment to the club due to new work commitments

Don’t see anything wrong here. Cannot commit to Elgin living in the Central Belt while trying to juggle shifts in the Police, sounds about right. I’d imagine if he has a Saturday shift he would have to swap shifts with another colleague and that’s a lot easier if he is not travelling all day to and from Elgin every second week.

As I said earlier he was a good servant to Elgin but I suspect we saw the best of him.