Queen of the South vs Dundee FC (30/04/21)

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Had a few good games against Dundee last season tbf.

He's one of those players that you think are effective until you actually watch him. He's run about a lot and gets in the way, but his touch is absolutely hopeless. The Twitter stats geeks love him though. He's pish.

Well, I missed 20 mins due to digital bollocks, and we've been crap for the part I did see - but I'd happily pay £10 again just to watch Dobbie's goals for Queens.  How the hell did we ever get to sign a player that good.  The term legend is used far too freely these days, but that guy is indeed a legend.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Well, I missed 20 mins due to digital bollocks, and we've been crap for the part I did see - but I'd happily pay £10 again just to watch Dobbie's goals for Queens.  How the hell did we ever get to sign a player that good.  The term legend is used far too freely these days, but that guy is indeed a legend.

Great player. Way too good for this level. Would’ve loved him at Dens. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anderson is very much in the Mark O'Hara mould. Slightly less presence, slightly better first touch.

Really enjoy him in our team.

I miss O’Hara. He had some talent for making runs from deep and getting a goal.

15 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I wish Fitzpatrick would get back down to Anglia land.  Absolute charlatan. 

I'm no Nostradamus, but I just have this gut feeling he won't be featuring in the English top flight for Norwich anytime soon.

What's the buzz on where Dobbie will go?
Nothing official but I really hope he gets a gig down neat his home. If he stays in Scotland he'll almost undoubtedly end up at Thistle. It'll be painful in two fronts for us - seeing him line up against us and absolutely scoring against us.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Couldn’t see him staying in Scotland, would have just stayed at QOS surely?

They're not really playing a style that suits him. They've been playing with a set-up that needs their striker to do loads of donkey work.

I'd have him at Dens as a rotational option tbh. Even at 38. We had Miller at 40 - and his style was reliant on running about daft whereas Dobbie can be a classy poacher type when he wants to be.

Edited by Ludo*1