Queen of the South vs Dundee FC (30/04/21)

Jinxing it, but I've always thought he's generally been a pretty good ref in the Dundee games he's been involved in.

He's reffed our 1-3 win against Hearts and also our 2-1 defeat against the same opposition.

Last season he was the ref for our 0-2 defeat to Caley and our 0-1 win against QotS.

Can see this following a similar pattern to Saturday. We will go 2 or 3 up, be cruising, then lose a stupid goal with 10 minutes to go and spend the rest of the game defending like a bunch of numpties who have never met each other before.

If Raith are not winning, we will bottle it and draw. If they are winning, we will score a decisive goal in the 89th minute. 

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Can see this following a similar pattern to Saturday. We will go 2 or 3 up, be cruising, then lose a stupid goal with 10 minutes to go and spend the rest of the game defending like a bunch of numpties who have never met each other before.

If Raith are not winning, we will bottle it and draw. If they are winning, we will score a decisive goal in the 89th minute. 

I’ll take the Dee victory tbh, what the Rovers do  is up to them.  We’ve left so many daft points  behind this season…. A real tale of what if.  

2 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I’ll take the Dee victory tbh, what the Rovers do  is up to them.  We’ve left so many daft points  behind this season…. A real tale of what if.  

All I can think about is the Dunfermline game. 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go, it really is unforgivable.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

If you can't comfortably beat this side, this side who were in holiday mode last week in an important game, then you'd be as well asking to be removed from the playoffs entirely as you're not going up regardless.

It'll as comfortable an away win as you'll have all season. We never threatened an awful Ayr side last week, I fail to see how we're going to cause Dundee problems.

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All I can think about is the Dunfermline game. 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go, it really is unforgivable.

Dunfermline game of course. 
Add to that the late goal for Raith to draw, Inverness away where we were one up for most of the game and scraped a draw. That’s six points from those. 
I also think there were away ganes at Arbroath, Morton even Dunfermline the other week which we should have won. 
it’s just given me the feeling that too many points were missed when they were there for the taking.  

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you can't comfortably beat this side, this side who were in holiday mode last week in an important game, then you'd be as well asking to be removed from the playoffs entirely as you're not going up regardless.

It'll as comfortable an away win as you'll have all season. We never threatened an awful Ayr side last week, I fail to see how we're going to cause Dundee problems.

James McPake makes Dundee vow and points to injury hell that steeled him  for managerial baptism of fire - Daily Record

Hold My Beer....

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

See this? This is how.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5405

IMG_20210428_104647.jpg.c22c508911a91ca4879e1af804635f5c.jpg

Queens nothing to play for have been going through the motions for a few weeks now just glad we need nothing from the game .

All points to a Dundee win for me who would have thought Queens would be safe now after the easy Boxing day defeat from Dundee 

So is Dobbie retiring or just leaving QotS?
It reads as leaving, not retiring. As I've said already, I don't blame him. He's absolutely wasted here in a system that wouldn't suit him even in his prime. It makes him looks 'finished' which just isn't the case. It's absolutely gutting that the next time we see him in the flesh could be in opposition colours. I fully expect him to continue to score at this level. My money would be on Thistle. It'd be quite fitting he finished with McCall as manager as it was him who kick-started his career.

Guest Flash
Just now, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
So is Dobbie retiring or just leaving QotS?

It reads as leaving, not retiring. As I've said already, I don't blame him. He's absolutely wasted here in a system that wouldn't suit him even in his prime. It makes him looks 'finished' which just isn't the case. It's absolutely gutting that the next time we see him in the flesh could be in opposition colours. I fully expect him to continue to score at this level. My money would be on Thistle. It'd be quite fitting he finished with McCall as manager as it was him who kick-started his career.

Given the choice, I wonder how many Queens fans would have picked Johnston getting a 2 year contract over Dobbie signing for another season.

Given the choice, I wonder how many Queens fans would have picked Johnston getting a 2 year contract over Dobbie signing for another season.
It's a no-brainer for me. I wouldn't have given AJ a 2 year deal even if he was working for free on the second year.