Queen of the South vs Dundee FC (30/04/21)

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

......... apart from your last visit ....... what did you win by, was it 3-1 .....? 😏

No need to fret Dees ......... season's over for our lot ....... they'll be packing their bags for the beach.

Aye, but other than that. Eh @Skyline Drifter?

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry, I've not explained well/you've misunderstood. It was a genuine question, earlier in the season you were saying a footballer at Raith Rovers would be sold in a multi million pound deal. 

I was just wondering whether he was on the park today - and if so who was he? 

I had suggested, in a moment of optimism, that Tait might develop further and be sold for a quite tidy sum in a year or two. Since then the scouts have slowed and his play has fluctuated. I suspect his temper is now his limiting factor, but still think he could bring a nice payday in a year or two, if his development continues.

32 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

......... apart from your last visit ....... what did you win by, was it 3-1 .....? 😏

No need to fret Dees ......... season's over for our lot ....... they'll be packing their bags for the beach.

We'll have none of this 'demob happy' malarky thank you Queens. You're playing for three points and points total payout cash for the club. Always something to play for.😉

5 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Will Queens be wheeling out the geriatric Dobbie in his wheelchair for this?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Could be his final game. Have QotS announced anything?

He'll remind Dundee fans of all of our great memories of him with a farewell hat-trick.

Actually have always quite liked Dobbie, just wish he didn't score near as much against us.

No. Rumour the now is he wants to keep playing and Partick are in the frame. I'll be gutted to see him line up against us but wouldn't hold it against him given AJ has a system that doesn't (never would have even in his prime) suit him. Don't let that fact get it in the way of the "Dobbie's past it" shouts though.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No. Rumour the now is he wants to keep playing and Partick are in the frame. I'll be gutted to see him line up against us but wouldn't hold it against him given AJ has a system that doesn't (never would have even in his prime) suit him. Don't let that fact get it in the way of the "Dobbie's past it" shouts though.

I've absolutely no doubt he could still put the ball past out keeper a couple of times (hopefully not this coming Friday).

He wasn't anywhere near past it this time last season so I've no doubt if played in the right way he could still at least offer something.

I'm just glad, considering his record against us, he's not favoured! 

Partick is a long way to travel from Blackpool. It'd be fitting if Friday was his last appearance considering his record against us tbf!

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

Will Queens be wheeling out the geriatric Dobbie in his wheelchair for this?

Now, now, no ageism please lads ....... 😏

If it is to be the Dobmeister's final game, what a bloody shame there'll be no fans there to see it - bet he never thought he'd bow out in an empty stadium.

20 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Now, now, no ageism please lads ....... 😏

If it is to be the Dobmeister's final game, what a bloody shame there'll be no fans there to see it - bet he never thought he'd bow out in an empty stadium.

I suspect he'll play one more season. Whether that's with us remains to be seen.

I fully expect Queens to be up for this because even though it's now mathematically impossible, they might still be relegated.

;)

Anyway, I don't think we've ever bottled a big game at Palmerston so I really can't see this one going wrong. Not at all. No sir.

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

I fully expect Queens to be up for this because even though it's now mathematically impossible, they might still be relegated.

;)

Anyway, I don't think we've ever bottled a big game at Palmerston so I really can't see this one going wrong. Not at all. No sir.

Or promoted ;)

4 hours ago, Girth said:

I see The Texas Cowboy is still absolutely fizzing. Pleasing to see. 

I’ll go 1-3. 

Calling me a cowboy would be akin to calling you a farmer (or Welshman) for your postal code...but feel free. I’d actually love to see Dobbie take a brace though.

That being said, I certainly hope this isn’t Dobbie’s last game with Queens, as when we saw him he still looked capable at this level. Playing for another side for his final season or two would seem criminal.

Edited by TxRover

21 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

If Column is the ref no problem he was MoM yesterday for Dee

1 minute ago, Bandohope said:

If Column is the ref no problem he was MoM yesterday for Dee

So much wrong with this post it's unreal.

If by 'Column' you mean, Willie Collum, he arguably got every decision bar one right. One pretty poor decision went against Raith, but even then, it's impossible to say for certain that he got it wrong with the camera angles we were given.

21 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, but that was with a prime Osman Sow. Still funny how he's still our top scorer this season cos he had 3 great games in a row pretty much, show how much of our scoring this season has been by committee, the CB pairing have 10 goals apiece.