Davie Moyes and his league idea can, quite literally, go f*ck himself...

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I did. Catalonia.

Explain to me what is different about Catalonia compared to Scotland that entitles us to a team and not them.

Catalonia teams play in la liga under the Spanish FA mabye if these teams withdrew and made up a Catalonia league and football association then they would be allowed to have a national team 

7 minutes ago, Ped said:

Catalonia teams play in la liga under the Spanish FA mabye if these teams withdrew and made up a Catalonia league and football association then they would be allowed to have a national team 

Well maybe if Scottish teams are incorporated into the English league as suggested at the start of this thread the Scottish national side should be incorporated into a UK side too. Amazingly enough that was...erm.....exactly what I said at the start of this thread. That's the actual reason I'm posting and getting hassled here.

However, let me introduce you to the Catalan Football Federation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_Football_Federation

As I said, there is no reason whatsoever to justify the UK having four separate teams and places like Catalonia not getting one. Its not fair and not right and shouldn't be allowed. Welsh teams also compete in the English league yet they have their own team too.

Moyes appears to be yet another Scot who has been brainwashed by being in England for so long, who now looks at Scottish football with utter disdain. Apart from the Old Firm of course.
Almost as bad as that fat alky cunt Alan Brazil.
Lets not forget Moyes was up here whoring himself out to the media and flirting with the Scotland job to get himself another gig down South.

f**k him.

31 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Well maybe if Scottish teams are incorporated into the English league as suggested at the start of this thread the Scottish national side should be incorporated into a UK side too. Amazingly enough that was...erm.....exactly what I said at the start of this thread. That's the actual reason I'm posting and getting hassled here.

However, let me introduce you to the Catalan Football Federation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_Football_Federation

As I said, there is no reason whatsoever to justify the UK having four separate teams and places like Catalonia not getting one. Its not fair and not right and shouldn't be allowed. Welsh teams also compete in the English league yet they have their own team too.

Ahh, but what if we incorporate English teams into the Scottish League? Would Man City go in at tier 7 or 8?

6 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Ahh, but what if we incorporate English teams into the Scottish League? Would Man City go in at tier 7 or 8?

I actually think it might end up being a ploy to help fight independence too. 

Either the OF are in the English league by then or about to be or even just have the carrot dangled, and they can say ah but if you go independent then your teams can't play in our league and loads of OF fans vote against it.

7 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I actually think it might end up being a ploy to help fight independence too. 

Either the OF are in the English league by then or about to be or even just have the carrot dangled, and they can say ah but if you go independent then your teams can't play in our league and loads of OF fans vote against it.

I think there is more chance of Man City joining the newly founded Midland League and enduring a wet Tuesday night in Coupar Angus than there is of the bumcheeks being asked to join the English set up.

4 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I think there is more chance of Man City joining the newly founded Midland League and enduring a wet Tuesday night in Coupar Angus than there is of the bumcheeks being asked to join the English set up.

Aye but they could just dangle the carrot. They will go to any lengths and have huge influence. Look at the Union jackery in supermarkets since 2014, that's not coincidence. Someone at the top of government has had a word with the owners of the big stores and got them to do that, they could easily do the same with football. 

5 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye but they could just dangle the carrot. They will go to any lengths and have huge influence. Look at the Union jackery in supermarkets since 2014, that's not coincidence. Someone at the top of government has had a word with the owners of the big stores and got them to do that, they could easily do the same with football. 

Wait, whut? I'm a bit lost now. Does someone at the top of government want Man City to play Couper Angus or not?

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Of course it is. What makes Scotland a country and Catalonia not?

Now you’re just talking pish.  What makes Scotland a country is the fact that it is recognised as a country, even the Yoons opposed to Independence do not dispute its status.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Now you’re just talking pish.  What makes Scotland a country is the fact that it is recognised as a country, even the Yoons opposed to Independence do not dispute its status.

When Scottish clubs sign players from, say, Brazil, in what country is the decision made about whether they are allowed to live and work here?

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fans are very sensitive to this question,the fear of losing our identity if we binned the league cup for a UK cup it's a slippy slop.  

NSFW thread for that sort of chat, william.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

And once more, this fucking stupid idea does the rounds..

image.thumb.png.341b7a7e593a781506c212bca6555ae8.png

Not sure if Moyes is a raging unionist, but that quoted text is sycophantic, staunch, forelock-tugging subservience to the Empire.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56865597

He goes way off script of a cup based competition into rolling all teams into "a greater English league system". What a fucking idiot. Is he entirely unaware that we are not the same country in the same way France isn't Spain, nor Netherlands Germany. He should be proud to be Scottish, yet for some reason that pride is directed at a foreign country.

Moyes is a good lad who does an awful lot of decent work behind the scenes and lives with a lot of humility, but he is also weirdly obsessed with filtering his ideas about football through a nationalistic idea of Britishness.