Q.P. vs Stranraer

I think there is a big incentive to finish the league unbeaten. That would be some achievement. Shame about the casualties but Morrison has been on a game recently. Think he might keep Murray on the bench and give Baynham or Salim a start with the anonymous Bob McHugh. McHugh to score, QP to win.

Adrenaline free slog, so far. Eight changes, third choice keeper on the park, probably still hungover. Certainly wouldn't be getting a shift out of me, at my work, in the days following a major celebration, so can't be too harsh on them. Hopefully liven up a wee bit in the second half. Stranraer been decent tbf and definitely look a team with something to play for.

2 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Stranraer goal was embarrassing and we seemed pretty toothless without the usual suspects

Yup   did not create anything   - couple of chances  from corners towards end .

Barry Cook had a nightmare  - no surprise there

11 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:

Yup   did not create anything   - couple of chances  from corners towards end .

Barry Cook had a nightmare  - no surprise there

A Poundland Willie Collum. Booked three guys for an incident where a "wise up, lads" would have been more the sufficient. The Victoria red card was absolutely ridiculous.

Stranraer sharper and first to everything. Laughable goal to concede and we were lucky not to lose by more, but who cares.

Robson and Maclean best for me, but the ref trying hard to draw all the attention.

So that's Murray, Grant, Quitongo and Mullen all taken off that pitch injured in the last 10 days without any other player contact. Probably coincidence, but remarkable all the same.

Good 3 points. First half should have been more ahead. 2nd half not quite as good as the subs appeared to upset our rhythm and the spiders subs improved them.

Barry Cook go and retire. I was cameraman for stranraer tonight and the evidence is there for an appeal. Never a red card. Handbags. Qp player actually sticks head into joao and he flicks his hand out. Pathetic stuff from the ref. As was farrells booking when he complained about Paton getting taken out.

6 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

Good 3 points. First half should have been more ahead. 2nd half not quite as good as the subs appeared to upset our rhythm and the spiders subs improved them.

Barry Cook go and retire. I was cameraman for stranraer tonight and the evidence is there for an appeal. Never a red card. Handbags. Qp player actually sticks head into joao and he flicks his hand out. Pathetic stuff from the ref. As was farrells booking when he complained about Paton getting taken out.

It shouldn't have been a red card but there was no head butt just a motion towards V. There was no contact.

You can't sugar coat it; that was pretty dreadful. Eight changes was always going to be a gamble but let's give Stranraer a lot of credit for having a right good go. They deserved their win and it's a bit of a wake up call for us all. 

One bad game out if 19; let's not beat ourselves up too much.

12 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Stranraer sharper and first to everything. Laughable goal to concede and we were lucky not to lose by more, but who cares.

Robson and Maclean best for me, but the ref trying hard to draw all the attention.

So that's Murray, Grant, Quitongo and Mullen all taken off that pitch injured in the last 10 days without any other player contact. Probably coincidence, but remarkable all the same.

I don't believe in coincidences. That pitch worries the hell out of me. The sooner we are away from there the better.