Peterhead v Clyde

Another pathetic, toothless performance,   To many passengers again,  no pass marks today,  Cunningham is a total waste of space, yet to see him put in an acceptable performance, and you know your in trouble when your looking for Thomson and Robertson to change a game in our favour,   It would also help if Goodwillie looked interested

I just pray that Danny Lennon realises this and will look to have a big clear out in the summer if we manage to stay up. Jesus, regardless of whether we stay up we need a new team. 
Has Danny Lennon shown he can identify and sign good players with a greater regularity than ones who turn out to be substandard?

Guest andyp1301
36 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

Another pathetic, toothless performance,   To many passengers again,  no pass marks today,  Cunningham is a total waste of space, yet to see him put in an acceptable performance, and you know your in trouble when your looking for Thomson and Robertson to change a game in our favour,   It would also help if Goodwillie looked interested

He looks  injured and trying to play on though the pain to me.

Guest andyp1301
17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
52 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:
I just pray that Danny Lennon realises this and will look to have a big clear out in the summer if we manage to stay up. Jesus, regardless of whether we stay up we need a new team. 

Has Danny Lennon shown he can identify and sign good players with a greater regularity than ones who turn out to be substandard?

Get given a low budget....kind of restricts your market for quality players.....I suppose.

For me, yes. We have continually improved while Lennon has been in charge from 5th in league 2 in his first season, 2nd and promoted in his 2nd season, 7th in league 1 last season.

If he had the same budget as those seasons then doubt we would be so shite.

Tend to start every game wondering where our goals are going to come from, after going ahead looked comfortable even when down to 10 men, did not see the Brown/Love incident but was not surprized to hear that Love had kicked out at Jason he really is a sneaky twat & will hopefully get caught out eventually, pity for Jason as he seems to have matured a bit this season. Have never seen a game with Goodwillie hardly mentioned always good if you are in the other team, some seem to think he is injured which may well be but just wonder if he is reaching that stage in his career that everything is suddenly hard work, we saw that happen to Rory & although we have not replaced him think he & PFC did ok out of his deal. What age is Goodwillie anyway. Our loans have worked out well this season with Lyle Cameron doing well until Dundee took him back, Kieran Freeman has been very good all over the back for us, Danny Strachan  looks decent as well but think Hamish Ritchie looks a real player & would be a major target for next season. At times we play decent football just need to find a finisher. Not quite there yet but would be concerned if a Clyde supporter as not playing in the last round of games would be a worry.

F@(£ sake...Danny claiming "we shot ourselves in the arm" We need a shot in the arm but shot ourselves in the bleedin foot. We need a boot up the elbow, I mean ar$e, if we're to stop Danny, the team and the fans hurting.

I felt he gave Otoo an unnecessary name and shame while avoiding ANY criticism of Nicoll or Howie for directly causing 2 goals.  He didn't choose to raise our powder puff midfield nor our impotent front line.

Worried that we are at the end of the line!

It infuriates me every day that we had Scott Brown as a youngster and he went to Bradford for heehaw. All the boy does is score against us. Seems like he’s developed into a very competent midfielder for this level.

4 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

It infuriates me every day that we had Scott Brown as a youngster and he went to Bradford for heehaw. All the boy does is score against us. Seems like he’s developed into a very competent midfielder for this level.

He could play at a better level. No question.

4 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

We would be an infinitely better team if we had him and Ferry playing as our centre midfield pair. Actual League 1 level players.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

F@(£ sake...Danny claiming "we shot ourselves in the arm" We need a shot in the arm but shot ourselves in the bleedin foot. We need a boot up the elbow, I mean ar$e, if we're to stop Danny, the team and the fans hurting.

I felt he gave Otoo an unnecessary name and shame while avoiding ANY criticism of Nicoll or Howie for directly causing 2 goals.  He didn't choose to raise our powder puff midfield nor our impotent front line.

Worried that we are at the end of the line!

Rumsby managing to lose out a straight forward header for the second goal as well, prior to the guy running off Otoo. Another player who is simply not good enough. 

4 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

For me, yes. We have continually improved while Lennon has been in charge from 5th in league 2 in his first season, 2nd and promoted in his 2nd season, 7th in league 1 last season.

If he had the same budget as those seasons then doubt we would be so shite.

I agree entirely with Haufdaft, whilst accepting our budget has varied greatly. Danny Lennon has done a terrific job. His ability to find and sign players in the transfer market is a major black mark.

Danny Lennon's first transfer window was undeniably a success. Love, Lang, Cogill, McStay, Grant. Boyle generally was an improvement on what we had, whilst he also retained Lamont on loan. Kyle Gourlay made mistakes in the couple of games he played but strengthened the goalkeeper position. We'll ignore Steven Kipre and Adam Martin; you'll never have a perfect window.

Since then, I would argue, we have signed a grand total of five players who would unanimously be considered as an improvement on that end of 17-18 squad:

Scott Banks

Craig Howie

David Mitchell

Kristoffer Syvertsen

John Rankin

One of those was a loan signing who was a substitute, but a very valuable one. One is a goalkeeper whose signing DL has himself said was predominately down to Chris Fahey. Syvertsen is always injured, frustratingly so. Rankin was signed from Off the Ball and then deployed in a deep midfield position (or left back?!) for 10-15 games before exploding in a free role. Craig Howie has been a decent League 1 player.

Whilst we have undeniably improved, his record in the transfer market, regardless of budget, is atrocious. Here is the list of his other signings since 17-18.

Liam Allison

Jamie Bain

Karim Belmokhtar

Ross Cunningham

Eddie Ferns

Declan Fitzpatrick

Kieron Hughes

Chris Johnston

Adam Livingstone

Ross Lyon

Michael McGlinchey

Michael McMullin

Marky Munro

Alex Petkov

Lloyd Robertson

Scott Rumsby

Darren Smith

Matej Vajs

Tony Wallace

David Wilson

Gregg Wylde

I couldn't be bothered including the loanees we've had this season. Some of that is squad filler but I don't think a single player in that list gets into the team we were putting out at the end of 17-18. Apart from Rumsby and at a push Livingstone/Cunningham, the rest have been a complete waste of whatever money they were paid.

I think David Mitchell sums things up perfectly. He is a clear upgrade on a decent goalkeeper in Currie. He might cut it for a Championship team at a push, but there's no denying he's a good player for this level. That's the sort of player I envisaged us adding window by window. Do we really need to pay outlandishly to attract players who are a good League 1 standard? In the four transfer windows since we got promoted, we really should have been able to find and sign at least a couple of players who are dropping down the levels and are solid players in L1.