Peterhead v Clyde

East Fife lead Dumbarton. 

Sadly, we haven't strung two passes together in the half hour we've played so far. This sort of football might have seen a marginal improvement in our results but is almost unwatchable. Peterhead look much sharper.

Gang warfare this. We've not been up to much, particularly when it has come to keeping the ball in midifeld or going between midfield and attack. Peterhead are having the better of possession without too much bother, at least until they get into the last third. I don't recall Mitchell having anything to do in this first half. Not a lot of sting in Peterhead's tail that we've seen.

I think the referee has been a bit whistle-happy which has made it a painful watch at times, particularly as the half went on.

We should make some changes early on in the second half, see if we can test their legs a bit more.

On rewinding it, it looks like it was for a foul by Nicoll at the goal-line. Seen some referees let them go because the player got the ball across but I don't think we can complain. Their man got the wrong side and Nicoll didn't get the ball.

Caving in now.

Just now, Clydeside said:

Any idea what the penalty was for? Couldn't make it out.

Me neither. We've spent the whole game giving away fouls in ridiculous positions so it wouldn't surprise me if someone did boot a Peterhead player up in the air.

And there's a second. We've contributed absolutely nothing to this game. Get Goodwillie off now, this one has gone. 

Now we're shooting from kick off. Get a grip.

If we do end up going down, presumably via the playoff, can anyone really complain? After Forfar, we probably are the worst team in the division. A lot of the time, the absolute basics of football (passing, control, shots on target) are missing from our game. 

7 minutes ago, David W said:

Me neither. We've spent the whole game giving away fouls in ridiculous positions so it wouldn't surprise me if someone did boot a Peterhead player up in the air.

And there's a second. We've contributed absolutely nothing to this game. Get Goodwillie off now, this one has gone. 

Now we're shooting from kick off. Get a grip.

That is the Dumbarton game a few weeks back all over again, giving away daft fouls near the box and being punished. 

East Fife score against Dumbarton again. By the sounds of things, their performance is mirroring ours. I don't think either side could complain about going down.

Can't wait to watch ten man Peterhead looking more comfortable on the ball than us for the next 25 minutes of my life.