Morton v Alloa

Stream died at 84 min after being great all season.

Missed the finish seems we missed the opportunity to get into a safe position.

While many Ton fans have complained that we have too many midfield players I would suggest we dump the forwards and play them all next week.

A pathetic result but not surprising given our toothless performances all season long. The idea that Alloa were just going to roll over and gift us the goals that our League Two standard forward line couldn't get any other week this season was nonsense. The onus was on the team and McPherson to find a way to get around that flaw when it mattered most: instead he doubled down on it by fielding probably the worst striking 'partnership' in the club's history. He has failed his audition for the management job as a result. 

We can have absolutely no complaints about being flushed into the seaside leagues and the club needs to be purged from top to bottom, regardless of whether we survive by some default fluke next Friday. 

Edited by vikingTON

Watching it back it's even worse than it seemed at the time.

You could make some joke about him possibly planning to reunite with Hopkin next season and doing that on purpose, but the sad reality is he's just that bad at football.

I thought Orsi was actually really good off the ball yesterday. On the ball, however, he just didn't look like a football player. He was Alloa's best defender. He works hard but the ability to play at this level just isn't there. He's not even close to being the type of player that you'd maybe think would be decent enough a level down. 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

I thought Orsi was actually really good off the ball yesterday. On the ball, however, he just didn't look like a football player. He was Alloa's best defender. He works hard but the ability to play at this level just isn't there. He's not even close to being the type of player that you'd maybe think would be decent enough a level down. 

Aye the big man puts in a shift but so would any of us, it's not enough and he can't be starting games for us. 

I'm not even convinced it's the level, I doubt he would score goals in league 2, just doesn't have the technical ability or composure to play football professionally.

If Gus stays, regardless if we go down and retains him,Muirhead l, McGinty etc, I'll be giving up the season ticket and possibly MCT money as it would be criminal keeping these guys at the club.