Players you hated then rated

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Joe Newell.

Was totally shite when he came in due to Heckingbottom playing him as a left winger, didn’t look bothered or try to run. December 2019 alienated the majority of the fanbase by liking/retweeting tweets about voting Tory.

Jack Ross moved him to CM and he’s been one of our best players this season, total revelation.

Still a dirty Tory though.

Yep agree with that. 

You could say the same for Doidge too. 

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Yep agree with that. 

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Yep agree with that. 

But at least big Doidge has never come out as a Tory voter 😂

Kilmarnock fans would be aswell just listing the whole Rangers squad from about 2010. 

As was said, Swanson for us. Went from chubby wee diver, to chubby wee baller, despite getting abuse hurled at him by Saints fans on his debut. Some boy.

9 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Kyle Lafferty is already cementing his hero status with us and to all of a blue and white persuasion all past misdeeds are forgiven. Don't get me wrong, without him we're relatively toothless with the exception of Chris Burke but as long as he keeps us up and helps to extend our cup run I don't mind at all. 

I wasn't a fan of his at all before this and when he signed I was so down about our chances of staying up that I thought "alright, things are dire so why not", but now I'm more than happy with him staying beyond the season so long as we can stay up.

Broadfoot is someone I never had time for before he played for us but he's been good for the majority of his time here. 

If you're going the other way, Kris Boyd. Will always appreciate what he did as a player in his spells with us but now seeing his schtick it's not brilliant.

The Killie Boys right enough !!

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Yep agree with that. 

I always had a bit of a thought he’d come good though because he kept getting in positions to score even though he missed more than he scored.

I had Newell filed under Josh Vela.

Recent one for me - I was bemused on deadline day when we signed Jordan Roberts on loan from Hearts in January. I couldn't see what a guy who could hardly get off Hearts' bench would add to our team. Particularly, when we had just signed Steven Lawless, who I thought was proven at this level. It turns out of Alexander's six January signings (Liam Kelly arrived before Alexander did) that Roberts has been the only one to make a decent contribution. I hold my hands up to that one, particularly as Lawless has been ineffectual so far.

There are probably far more on the flip side - who I have been excited about us signing, but haven't lived up to the expectations I've had - Brian Kerr, Stephen McManus, Gael Bigirimana and Ross McCormack (the second time) purely from the top of my head.

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Isn't the previously mentioned Derek Stillie one of those ratbags too?

Yup, standing as an actual MSP at the upcoming election.

Also was a defence lawyer for David Goodwillie for his rape case that got him off with sexual assault, what a lovely man.

There isn't really anyone that sticks out that I hated and then signed for the club. Thankfully we had fans running our club so they felt the same way about certain players.

It was rumoured we were maybe signing Novo, social media rioted then a couple of days later he signed for that famous Morten team.

I hated Alan Gow, hated him even more when he signed for us.

24 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Same for me, one of the few players in our relegation season that actually got stuck in.

Aye, not a particularly technical player, which he made up for in enthusiasm & commitment.  Scored a fair few with his head too, if I remember correctly.

18 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Aye, not a particularly technical player, which he made up for in enthusiasm & commitment.  Scored a fair few with his head too, if I remember correctly.

You don’t remember correctly , if you’re meaning goals for the Dons. He scored only one with his head which was a late winner at Brockville.     And his only other goal was a shot from the edge of the box at Ibrox.

The impression we, along with everyone else I suppose, had, was that Maurice Johnstone was untrustworthy and would duck out if the going got tough. Especially after the manner he left Hearts.

Not a bit of it.

In that utter welt John Lambies destruction of Jefferies' fantastic team and as we plummeted down, he was tremendous. Fully committed and levels above the horseshit Lambie played alongside him. A sad farewell season in Scotland. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

I presume that we're mostly talking about players that we hated playing for an opposition side, but then suddenly became Gods when they signed for our team ?

I'll go back in time a bit....Charlie Nicholas. 

Maybe a bit unfair, because he was never hated by Dons fans in his early Celtic days. More respected and feared, but there was a worry when he came to Pittodrie that he wasn't going to be interested. 

Not the case....he put in a great shift in a red shirt, and never let the club down. Culminating in pinging a penalty into the top corner in the cup final shootout, in his last game for the Dons before he went back to Celtic Park.

I presume that we're mostly talking about players that we hated playing for an opposition side, but then suddenly became Gods when they signed for our team ?
I'll go back in time a bit....Charlie Nicholas. 
Maybe a bit unfair, because he was never hated by Dons fans in his early Celtic days. More respected and feared, but there was a worry when he came to Pittodrie that he wasn't going to be interested. 
Not the case....he put in a great shift in a red shirt, and never let the club down. Culminating in pinging a penalty into the top corner in the cup final shootout, in his last game for the Dons before he went back to Celtic Park.

He was absolutely outstanding at Aberdeen.

Still get goosebumps at the goal v Oldco. Also a beauty v Celtic.

18 hours ago, A96 said:

You don’t remember correctly , if you’re meaning goals for the Dons. He scored only one with his head which was a late winner at Brockville.     And his only other goal was a shot from the edge of the box at Ibrox.

That's some formidable power of memory you have!  Will you keep me in mind if you're ever looking for a new pub quiz team?