Players you hated then rated

It’s odd that someone would so openly out themselves as being sectarian, but there you go.

On topic, not technically a player, but Steven Gerrard. Hated him (always thought he was great but a knob) but now I idolise him.

I also thought Ryan Jack was distinctly average when we signed him. Oh how wrong I was

Edited by AJF

Jet this season has basically been just that. Nearly every Livi fan wanted him gone in January now we’re gutted he’s leaving at the end of the season. 

He’s just pure box office entertainment who, if he was here for next season would bag 15 in the league 

Very quickly Craig Brewster. Signing a 34/35 year old didn't seem to fit. That was very swiftly proven wrong. 

Derek Stillie was another. Thought he shat the bed when I saw him at Aberdeen and Wigan weren't particularly good when he signed him as back up. Went on to become a very good goalie for us. 

Joe Newell.

Was totally shite when he came in due to Heckingbottom playing him as a left winger, didn’t look bothered or try to run. December 2019 alienated the majority of the fanbase by liking/retweeting tweets about voting Tory.

Jack Ross moved him to CM and he’s been one of our best players this season, total revelation.

Still a dirty Tory though.

Kyle Lafferty is already cementing his hero status with us and to all of a blue and white persuasion all past misdeeds are forgiven. Don't get me wrong, without him we're relatively toothless with the exception of Chris Burke but as long as he keeps us up and helps to extend our cup run I don't mind at all. 

I wasn't a fan of his at all before this and when he signed I was so down about our chances of staying up that I thought "alright, things are dire so why not", but now I'm more than happy with him staying beyond the season so long as we can stay up.

Broadfoot is someone I never had time for before he played for us but he's been good for the majority of his time here. 

If you're going the other way, Kris Boyd. Will always appreciate what he did as a player in his spells with us but now seeing his schtick it's not brilliant.