Aberdeen vs Dundee United - 25th of April

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It took until the 62nd minute, 8 minutes after going 3 down to Dundee United at home before the manager made any changes. I'd be massively concerned by that more than anything else tbh.

Aye, but it's Mcinnes' team, mind. 🙄

I was one of many that thought McInnes delivered when he was at Aberdeen. Even before this season I had acquaintances of the red persuasion that wanted him gone. McWinless as he was commonly referred to as. 

My only thought at the time was what do you really expect from Aberdeen.  Be careful what u wish for I said...

Early days and Glass deserves the summer to build his own team, but this is still the 3rd most expensively paid squad in the top flight. So losing 3-0 at home to a side below you in the league is simply not a good look. 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

image.png.a7de253a1f6751b3c445bb9bb5ef4163.png

Wow once in a blue moon, to a better team than newly promoted Utd. 

You're clutching at straws mate, this had disaster written all over it right from the start and that's the way its panning out, predictably enough.

Glass could be brilliant and a year or two from now he could have Aberdeen looking amazing. But we have no idea, as we have nothing to base it on as he has done nothing whatsoever in management to get this job other than be mates with the chairman.

If they wanted him to manage Aberdeen they should have said go and manage Ross County or something first, learn your trade make your mistakes and show you've got what it takes.

It was utter, utter madness to sack your most successful manager for decades for an untried rookie. You had what all clubs strive for, consistency, stability, success. And you all wanted him gone as you have an incredible level of entitlement and couldn't recognise success even when you had it.

Well you got what you wanted, so I hope you're enjoying it.

4 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Could change Kamberi with any other of our players to be honest. 

dont think any other player would be willing to put on his gloves though.  I am sure he will get a heat up soon and start to play

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

I was one of many that thought McInnes delivered when he was at Aberdeen. Even before this season I had acquaintances of the red persuasion that wanted him gone. McWinless as he was commonly referred to as. 

My only thought at the time was what do you really expect from Aberdeen.  Be careful what u wish for I said...

Early days and Glass deserves the summer to build his own team, but this is still the 3rd most expensively paid squad in the top flight. So losing 3-0 at home to a side below you in the league is simply not a good look. 

I was a big mcinnes fan but his time was at an end. 

Ive always said even though it was right for him to go we’d do very, very well to immediately get someone better. 

This is no time to judge glass anyway. 

It took until the 62nd minute, 8 minutes after going 3 down to Dundee United at home before the manager made any changes. I'd be massively concerned by that more than anything else tbh.
This. Game was screaming out for changes about midway through the first half. The fact that Stephen Glass took so long only serves to highlight the fears I had about him getting the job. He'll get today as a free hit due to the state of the squad McInnes left. But worrying.

As for the players, good luck making a case for keeping most of them. Bar Gary Woods, I would struggle to make a case for anyone playing today.

Fair play to United though. Streets ahead. Tactically, physically and in terms of quality. Streets ahead. Thoroughly deserve to go through.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I was a big mcinnes fan but his time was at an end. 

Ive always said even though it was right for him to go we’d do very, very well to immediately get someone better. 

This is no time to judge glass anyway. 

It is a time to start judging Glass......

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Wow once in a blue moon, to a better team than newly promoted Utd. 

You're clutching at straws mate, this had disaster written all over it right from the start and that's the way its panning out, predictably enough.

Glass could be brilliant and a year or two from now he could have Aberdeen looking amazing. But we have no idea, as we have nothing to base it on as he has done nothing whatsoever in management to get this job other than be mates with the chairman.

If they wanted him to manage Aberdeen they should have said go and manage Ross County or something first, learn your trade make your mistakes and show you've got what it takes.

It was utter, utter madness to sack your most successful manager for decades for an untried rookie. You had what all clubs strive for, consistency, stability, success. And you all wanted him gone as you have an incredible level of entitlement and couldn't recognise success even when you had it.

Well you got what you wanted, so I hope you're enjoying it.

Nobody cares Pep. You said McInnes wouldn't have a team 3-0 down at home within an hour. That happened this season. To Motherwell who have struggled for the whole season.

McInnes took over from Brown and it was uneventful and boring. He was given the summer to get his own players in. We were very good. Glass shouldn't be afforded the same luxury.