Falkirk vs Cove

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I agree with you that this is the worst falkirk team in 40 years.

But that shouldn't go unremarkable on. I mean... we've had some  fucking atrocious sides in the last 40 years. Like really really bad.

And yet this is the most talentless,  most heartless and worst coached side. In 40 fucking years. 

Quite incredible really. Hugh Hill or Stuart Romaines would be our best player in this line up  

The team we had in 1979-80 when we were last at this level would trample all over the utter dross we have now and that’s not nostalgia talking that’s simply how bad we now are.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

That ref was howling and seemed like he had fell out with the main stand side linesman. Seemed to stop the game early as well. 
Let's have it right though, if we have telfer, connolly, dixon and even Dowds available we would have strolled that. 

Yesterday?

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I am an old b*****d but I think football is utter shit compared to 30 years ago. Even at a good level. 

Full back to centre half.. to keeper..possession fitba. Great. No shots on goal but you can w**k about 63% of the ball.

As Danny Blanchflower said - The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

As Danny Blanchflower said - The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

Great interview with him here, bemoaning the state of the game in 1977... 

MUNDIAL on Twitter: "In 1977 Danny Blanchflower spoke openly to the BBC about the fun being taken out of the game he loved, and how Barnsley and Spurs saw him as a bit of a troublemaker. An incredible interview. https://t.co/sykSyqvPEG" / Twitter