Falkirk vs Cove

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

I would tend agree but he's spent a few years at world class facilities with Rangers. There is no excuse for getting rag-dolled busy 30 year old part time forwards. Just win individual battles as a defender.

Facilities mean feck all in the long run. You can't replace experience of first team matches. It can't be easy coming into a side that's been left a complete shambles by the managers.  Mind what Kingsley was like in his first few games. Got sent off and then was all over the shop in the next few. He was using world class facilities at Stirling uni  but ut was experience of first team games that made him a player.

54 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Our starting 11 was missing 5 shoe in starters. We didn't play well but looked the most likely to get the win. 

All the best Falkirk, wish you well in the remaining split fixtures. Heads held and who knows what happens

You seem to be a very nice person.

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I never want to see leitch in a Falkirk jersey ever again

Leitch has been around for years at decent clubs, what the f**k made our managers think they could make him into a good player if they couldn’t! This whole shit show is our own doing. 

Thing is, I genuinely don't think our performances are that much worse than they were. We're just now playing against teams who have very much got their act together. The fact we were top of the league was as much to do with how shite everyone was pre-Christmas as it was with how 'good' we were.

How many genuinely "good" performances can people remember this season?

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's not a decent side in the league. Partick tried to throw it away at the start we're shite and even as shite as we are and missing about 8 players cove could still only draw with us the day. 

You really are one bitter mess of a boy.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Facilities mean feck all in the long run. You can't replace experience of first team matches. It can't be easy coming into a side that's been left a complete shambles by the managers.  Mind what Kingsley was like in his first few games. Got sent off and then was all over the shop in the next few. He was using world class facilities at Stirling uni  but ut was experience of first team games that made him a player.

Facilities mean everything! 

He is maybe missing a 4th stand?

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Facilities mean everything! 

He is maybe missing a 4th stand?

We had far better players playing for us back in the 90s when they trained down a local park and had feck all gym facilities.  If your a shit player great facilities will make little difference .

29 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Leitch has been around for years at decent clubs, what the f**k made our managers think they could make him into a good player if they couldn’t! This whole shit show is our own doing. 

Why do managers do that. Same with Houston and Alex bloody Harris.

A lot being said about how bad Thistle (and Falkirk) have been this season. I agree to some extent but this needs some qualification. 

Prior to the suspension of the lower leagues Thistle from the start of the season had up to 7/8 players injured every week in what McCall described as the worst injury crisis he had known in 20 odd years in  management.  I have no doubt at all that this contributed to our patchy form and poor individual performances. 

The suspension of the lower leagues actually helped us get all of our players fit excluding O'Ware who has been injured forever!

We have been unbeaten since football resumed and our form in the last 5 games has been great. 5 wins 13 goals, 0 goals conceded and 15 points. 

Today though the games schedule caught up with us a bit and we ran out of steam for the last 30 odd minutes.  Airdrie did hit the post so perhaps we were  fortunate not to concede a goal. However at no time in this difficult 30 mins did Airdrie play through our defence nor was our keeper called upon to make any saves beyond punching a ball away. We on the other hand cut through Airdrie a couple of times and in fact missed a sitter in the closing minutes before Airdrie hit the post!  

We (Falkirk, Cove and Airdrie) have all played the same number of games and we enjoy a 4 point lead for the moment. 

We can't be that bad! 

19 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

We can't be that bad! 

While I have no strong view on the Partick side one way or another, it is very possible that you are still utterly rotten.  This Falkirk side is without a shadow of a doubt the worst that any of us have ever seen.   Somehow they're still only 4 points behind your mob.  That is baffling to most of us.

So, yes.   You can be that bad.  We're just plumbing spectacular new depths of shite.

15 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

yip  those couple of inches meant a 4 point gap instead of just 2. very fine margins

I don’t think we can talk about fine margins when we literally had a 7 point lead less than 2 weeks ago. 

8 hours ago, joozy said:

While I have no strong view on the Partick side one way or another, it is very possible that you are still utterly rotten.  This Falkirk side is without a shadow of a doubt the worst that any of us have ever seen.   Somehow they're still only 4 points behind your mob.  That is baffling to most of us.

So, yes.   You can be that bad.  We're just plumbing spectacular new depths of shite.

I agree with you that this is the worst falkirk team in 40 years.

But that shouldn't go unremarkable on. I mean... we've had some  fucking atrocious sides in the last 40 years. Like really really bad.

And yet this is the most talentless,  most heartless and worst coached side. In 40 fucking years. 

Quite incredible really. Hugh Hill or Stuart Romaines would be our best player in this line up  

I honestly thought the Hartley relegation side was as an entire collective the worst I had seen in my 40 odd years of following the Bairns but I would say this mob are worse. As has been said we have had individual players that have been honking but in terms of squad this truly is a collective of players the majority of which should be seeking employment outside of football. I'm not talking about the youngters on loan but the players who are actually ours.

Edited by Harry Kinnear