Falkirk vs Cove

Guest Ecosse83

I wanted M and M to play 2 up becuase they were useless and couldn’t get the team working properly to support the 1 up top. If you have a half decent manager there is nothing wrong with 1 up top at all. 

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, ShaggerG said:

Oh, I agree with that, but I think they've already shown that they're not capable of doing so.

Aye under 2 clueless managers. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Fair point if it was them that persisted with it and not Holt. 

To be honest I’d tip it was Holt that wanted it. Unfortunately they just weren’t good enough to carry it out. 

Agree with your first sentence completely. I thought it best to retain them while we were well clear at the top as, although we were shit, we were the best shit in the league and I didn't see any point in binning them at the time. Hindsight's a great thing though and, as it turned out, I was wrong.
I don't think we should bin all of the squad though, I think there are several players, i.e. Mutch, Dixon, Kelly, Morrison, Connolly, Keena and possibly Alston & Dowds that could do a job for us next season, if not as starters then as part of the squad. Would also give us some continuity which, as we've discovered in recent seasons, can be quite important.

For me it’s about whether they are players you can trust to get you out of it in times of trouble.
From what I’ve seen it’s an unequivocal no...

Guest Peter LaFleur
10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We don’t have the players to play 1 up front.  It’s all very well saying Man City and Liverpool use that formation but they don’t have Leitch, Fotheringham and Alston as the midfield support.

It’s all relative, they also aren’t playing against plumbers and joiners most weekends.

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We don’t have the players to play 1 up front.  It’s all very well saying Man City and Liverpool use that formation but they don’t have Leitch, Fotheringham and Alston as the midfield support.

Who said that? 🤔

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think we're about to see if it was Holt's influence that prompted the one up front shit!

Clear as day it was Holt.... The livi goto formation is 4-5-1 week in week out.

Personally think a full time team against every other club should be nowhere near 4-5-1, I understand the it's 4-3-3 debate but ours was nowhere near 4-3-3 in the previous games it was 4-5-1 100%

Clear as day it was Holt.... The livi goto formation is 4-5-1 week in week out.
Personally think a full time team against every other club should be nowhere near 4-5-1, I understand the it's 4-3-3 debate but ours was nowhere near 4-3-3 in the previous games it was 4-5-1 100%

The coaching needs to prevent it falling into a 4 5 1. Retaining the fucking ball would be a start, and getting width from the full backs to allow the 3 up top to stay a little more narrow and present some actual threat.