Falkirk vs Cove

Guest Peter LaFleur

Holt’s pre match interview is both refreshing and interesting. Hints that he hasn’t exactly had to pick the team off the floor in distraught over the managerial axe. Tough task for him if the injury problems are true, best hope imo is playoffs and to have a few key players back.

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Holt’s pre match interview is both refreshing and interesting. Hints that he hasn’t exactly had to pick the team off the floor in distraught over the managerial axe. Tough task for him if the injury problems are true, best hope imo is playoffs and to have a few key players back.

Spotted that. Seems to indicate that the players had either lost all faith in that pair, or they simply didn't have a clue how they were supposed to have been organised. 

Bit of both imo.

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Just listened to the interview, if they take half the spirit of Holt onto the park, we might just upset Cove.........

“we might just upset Cove”

Has there ever been a more depressing post involving Falkirk.

Spotted that. Seems to indicate that the players had either lost all faith in that pair, or they simply didn't have a clue how they were supposed to have been organised. 
Bit of both imo.

Whilst much of the criticism of M and M is probably fair, particularly in regards to set up, let’s not forget how many lazy b*****ds we have playing for us at the same time.
The players shouldn’t be excused for some of the performances, or lack of recently, given just how awful we have looked....

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst much of the criticism of M and M is probably fair, particularly in regards to set up, let’s not forget how many lazy b*****ds we have playing for us at the same time.
The players shouldn’t be excused for some of the performances, or lack of recently, given just how awful we have looked....

Absolutely.

“Probably fair?”

FFS they were hopeless.

They signed most of the players. There fault fist and last.

Everyone in the game knows the coach/managers get the blame when it goes wrong and players unusually get a second chance when the new broom comes in.

“Probably fair” I ask you

“Probably fair?”

FFS they were hopeless.

They signed most of the players. There fault fist and last.

Everyone in the game knows the coach/managers get the blame when it goes wrong and players unusually get a second chance when the new broom comes in.

“Probably fair” I ask you

So just to be clear here, the managers have received the appropriate punishment for their failures, but you are quite happy to absolve our team of shitebags who were second to every ball for ANY responsibility for where we find ourselves?
Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

So just to be clear here, the managers have received the appropriate punishment for their failures, but you are quite happy to absolve our team of shitebags who were second to every ball for ANY responsibility for where we find ourselves?
Unbelievable.

Clearly we have some players underperforming but who signed them?M and M. 

15 players they’ve signed and very few have been good enough.

Clearly we have some players underperforming but who signed them?M and M. 
15 players they’ve signed and very few have been good enough.

Where have I disputed that point?
Jeez, looks like a few of really value this shit squad of ours.
Empty every fcuking one of them at the end of this season, irrespective of division...

Unbelievable.

I am absolving no one - where do I say that?

I was stating that is what always happens. Players always get the chance to redeem themselves. This issue here is they are not good players, signed by people brought in as a holding position to give the Board time and handed the job in about 3 weeks full time. It was a car crash from that point.

I have been consistent, like many, in saying this and that two since last season. It was obvious they were not up to the task long long ago. They should in fact have been horsed out after the disgraceful set up at Kirkcaldy last year.

You on the other hand are still struggling to admit they were the wrong people even when the COYB fluffers were shouting for change.

If the club had got people competent in last summer we would not be looking down the barrel of the gun at another season in this league.

Watched Holt’s interview, I thought he had a bit of a smirk on his face, although he said the right thinks regards the recruiting a new manager, the bits about winning your individual battles on the pitch, I don’t think we have enough players capable of doing that more consistently than the opposition. Anyway its Saturday, we have a little chance to start to rectify the damage done, so all the best to whoever wears the Navy Blue today. COYB.

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Na not having that, those clueless idiots should be able to encourage at least effort. No matter how shite a player is they should still be seen to be trying their best. This was and has been completley absent throughout the team, this lands with the managers for me, the whole team look as absent minded as the ones that were paid to guid them and motivate them, if they had pockets in their shorts I'm sure the players would have strolled around the park with their hands in them, just the like those 2 at the side of the park 'leading' them

anyone else think an early and the first goal today would make a massive difference to the teams confidence? 

not in a long time have I felt the first goal being so vital to a team.

conversely if they score first I'm not sure I could see this team coming back to win from behind and its wins needed now not draws

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

The last few posts just confirm how bad the managers have been. We’ve signed around three squads of utter shite with exceptions of Gomis, McManus Dixon and maybe few like Telfer, Connolly and Morrison. Just highlights how important the next guy is.

This one is worse. Bit part players from last year like Telfer have become key men. Gomis was in and out of the side last year, is another year older now but is essentially undroppable this season because of lack of options. Leitch was loaned out last year and has started many games.

Another thing we need to see from Holt today is an acceptance that if you are going to play Conor Sammon, you cant hoof the fucking ball up to him.

Something that M&M seemed incapble of understanding, even when he made it easy for them by being utter dugshite most of the time, then turning in a decent display v Clyde when we tried to play to his strengths. Thats not to absolve him of his shitty displays either, but more a desire to see Holt recognising issues and looking to sort them.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

This one is worse. Bit part players from last year like Telfer have become key men. Gomis was in and out of the side last year, is another year older now but is essentially undroppable this season because of lack of options. Leitch was loaned out last year and has started many games.

Spot on. 

Last season there were quite a few at least semi enjoyable performances. Struggle to think of a single half where we’ve looked strong this season. 

The team that swept aside dumbarton, forfar etc 6-0 last season would have comfortably beaten the gang assembled this season 

As a wee addition to the above, how fucking depressing that we are now talking about our Dof turned manager hopefully making changes that have been glaringly obvious for weeks, with hardly any of us hopeful of promotion, and no prospect of Holt even being the guy that will be tasked with such next season..... So we need him to get the appojntment right too.

Utterly miserable state of affairs. Hopeful for some vague shoots of competence to appear for 4 games....

If/when we dont get promoted, I would hope Gary Deans is as keen to talk about why as he was last season. 

14 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You’ve been M&M’s biggest advocate during this whole, sorry debacle, and to be fair you’ve stuck to your guns even when everyone else had a different opinion of them.

However given what’s went on recently, I think it’s time to just admit they were hopeless, and although the players have been poor, the quality of coaching and tactics have been appalling.

You’ve been M&M’s biggest advocate during this whole, sorry debacle, and to be fair you’ve stuck to your guns even when everyone else had a different opinion of them.
However given what’s went on recently, I think it’s time to just admit they were hopeless, and although the players have been poor, the quality of coaching and tactics have been appalling.

You have said that before GB, and I guess I am a ‘biggest advocate’, on the basis that I wanted to give them as much time as possible to avoid another ‘start again’ scenario. It certainly had little to do with any great affection.
Thistle have given McCall time and it looks like it’s doing wonders for them. However it’s clear that M and M didn’t have the tactical nous needed and to needed to go after the last Cove game. So I’ve already stated they were not the answer.
Absolutely none of that is relevant to my view that the players we have - many signed by M and M - are a bunch of wage thieves and I want every single one of them emptied from our club at the end of the campaign.
That’s a major departure from me as I have been pointing out for three years now that we need to get stability back at the club. However, it’s needed as you need players that you can trust to try a fig if you are going to have any success, and these guys don’t remotely cut it.....