Queen's Park Scottish League 2 Champions

4 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes you're absolutely right, and the ones scoffing know themselves that they would not turn down that good fortune to do exactly the same thing. Some suggest the team assembled is overkill for League 2, but it's entirely the right way to start the build of a team to compete at higher levels. I also don't see any evidence of recklessness. most people will point at our manager, but so-far-so-good, and I'd rather we have someone with experience that has maybe learned from mistakes along the way.

I think though that JMDP was possibly referring to the stop-start, shortened season and lack of fans as soulless, rather than taking a pop?

That's the way I read it.

On 21/04/2021 at 13:11, QPSpider1867 said:

The 2 players in the photo are the only players in QP history to play as amateur and full-time contracted Queens Park players. Sal is playing but a loanee from Livi. Galt and Muir have made the 'step up' and look so comfortable. Two very honest players who graft hard. Great picture. 

Jacques Heraghty could join them, having made an appearance in the 2019/20 Challenge Cup.

Anyone going on about QP spending money is just jealous. I'd love for Clyde to have that sort of investment then absolutely destroy a division. 

People also need to remember that QP were being royally messed up by the SFA regarding the Hampden purchase, in a quite disgusting manner that should have attracted more attention. It's fair enough that they've got something positive out of that.

I also, of course, hope they are routinely humiliated next season.

On 21/04/2021 at 10:57, third lanark said:

Congratulations Queens Park very well deserved and very exciting times ahead for the spiders fans.

a great set up and they have great people working behind the scenes 

am I right in thinking Queens Park did not lose a single league game this season?

You are indeed. Still in single figures for goals conceded. Club record for shut-outs. Had quite a few injuries to cope with too. McKinnon and his squad have made the very best of it.

Hopefully we can return the kind words to Jags fans in the next few weeks.

15 hours ago, jaggyness said:
15 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

Incredibly harsh. If they go 22 games unbeaten that's a magnificent achievement. Rangers* didn't manage anything like that in the bottom tier playing against similar standard of opposition with a far larger budget

Will be interesting to see how we approach the last four games now the league is won. We've been rotating constantly anyway but Ray might be tempted to throw in some who have hardly played. Injuries might dictate that anyway. We have more than enough quality anyway to manage it. With our opposition all fighting for the play off spots there are no dead rubbers so we're gonna have to be at our best. We might play with more freedom now the job is done 

15 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

It's pretty obvious why QP aren't winning many plaudits.

Full time sides playing against plumbers and delivery drivers every week tend to win comfortably.

Not even Ray McKinnon could f**k that up.

Will be interesting to see how we approach the last four games now the league is won. We've been rotating constantly anyway but Ray might be tempted to throw in some who have hardly played. Injuries might dictate that anyway. We have more than enough quality anyway to manage it. With our opposition all fighting for the play off spots there are no dead rubbers so we're gonna have to be at our best. We might play with more freedom now the job is done 
I would love for us to finish the season undefeated, and it goes without saying that we shouldn't be feilding weakened teams when those we are playing still have playoff spots to contend for.
However, I hope we can still give some game time to some of the younger lads too (Heraghty, Biggar and Gillies)
Grant is now out till the end of the season, so I expect Morrison will take his place for the final 4 games.

21 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

It's pretty obvious why QP aren't winning many plaudits.

Full time sides playing against plumbers and delivery drivers every week tend to win comfortably.

Not even Ray McKinnon could f**k that up.

Given our resources, we were expected to win the league at a canter and no one expected plaudits; why would we? The team will, however, deserve praise if they go through the, albeit truncated, season unbeaten. Not even Cove, with a possibly better team, managed that.

So, GIRUY.

Yours in sport

PS The kind messages of congratulations on here have been appreciated.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Given our resources, we were expected to win the league at a canter and no one expected plaudits; why would we? The team will, however, deserve praise if they go through the, albeit truncated, season unbeaten. Not even Cove, with a possibly better team, managed that.

So, GIRUY.

Yours in sport

PS The kind messages of congratulations on here have been appreciated.

Loved it🏁

image.thumb.jpeg.c12b09b1835945e7141014dc5260cd55.jpeg