Queen's Park Scottish League 2 Champions

Funny old game, funny old season. Feeling more pleased for the players at this stage than anything else. Was magic to see them bouncing about at the final whistle - and I hope they had a right good night.

Delighted for the Club but real shame we weren't there to share it with them this season - and it's obviously the same for everyone on these forums - watching on a laptop is pish.

Looking forward to taking abuse in person for supporting Southside All Conquering Moneybags 11. Bring on League 1. 

11 hours ago, third lanark said:

Congratulations Queens Park very well deserved and very exciting times ahead for the spiders fans.

a great set up and they have great people working behind the scenes 

am I right in thinking Queens Park did not lose a single league game this season?

So far yes. There are still 4 matches to play.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Why are you playing at TFS?  Is Hampden getting sorted for the Euros?

Our contract to play at Hampden finished at the end of March (had been extended for a few months due to Covid restrictions last year delaying the start of construction at Lesser) 

Our new ground at Lesser was supposed to be ready by the end of March. All construction stopped in January due to a dispute with the contractors over the quality of work and has yet to re-start.  

SFA wouldn't let us finish the season at Hampden. Preparation for the Euros being one of the reasons. The main reason is they just want us out.

14 hours ago, JMDP said:

Fair play to Queens, clearly the best side in the league and deserved champs. 

Must feel a little soulless doing it this way though. 

You do realise that the competition is called the Scottish Professional Football League? It is every club's aim to generate as much money as possible so they can plough it into their squad and get as high as you can. 

The only Club that historically never adhered to this was Queen's Park. With the pyramid system we took the decision to protect our senior league status by turning professional. Since that decision all we have done is become like every other club. I can't believe the hypocrisy from the supporters of other clubs! Can you imagine the protests against the Board if a Club turned down significant investment without conceding ownership. 

All the adverse comments on here from other clubs supporters is nothing other than petty jealousy! 

Edited by The Resurrection

21 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

You do realise that the competition is called the Scottish Professional Football League? It is every club's aim to generate as much money as possible so they can plough it into their squad and get as high as you can. 

The only Club that historically never adhered to this was Queen's Park. With the pyramid system we took the decision to protect our senior league status by turning professional. Since that decision all we have done is become like every other club. I can't believe the hypocrisy from the supporters of other clubs! Can you imagine the protests against the Board if a Club turned down significant investment without conceding ownership. 

All the adverse comments on here from other clubs supporters is nothing other than petty jealousy! 

Yes you're absolutely right, and the ones scoffing know themselves that they would not turn down that good fortune to do exactly the same thing. Some suggest the team assembled is overkill for League 2, but it's entirely the right way to start the build of a team to compete at higher levels. I also don't see any evidence of recklessness. most people will point at our manager, but so-far-so-good, and I'd rather we have someone with experience that has maybe learned from mistakes along the way.

I think though that JMDP was possibly referring to the stop-start, shortened season and lack of fans as soulless, rather than taking a pop?

Really don't understand some of the grudging congratulations comments. It's as if plaudits are fully deserved only if the champions are perceived to be "on the same level" as the rest of the league.

This was Queens first season as a professional team and with the resources they now have. We all know what can happen in football, so it's to their credit that they won the league in the way they did.

So, congratulations to the Spiders and I wish you well in League 1.

2 hours ago, gmca said:

Really don't understand some of the grudging congratulations comments. It's as if plaudits are fully deserved only if the champions are perceived to be "on the same level" as the rest of the league.

This was Queens first season as a professional team and with the resources they now have. We all know what can happen in football, so it's to their credit that they won the league in the way they did.

So, congratulations to the Spiders and I wish you well in League 1.

It's pretty obvious why QP aren't winning many plaudits.

Full time sides playing against plumbers and delivery drivers every week tend to win comfortably.

Not even Ray McKinnon could f**k that up.

Edited by Charliechurch

It's pretty obvious why QP aren't winning many plaudits.
Full time sides playing against plumbers and delivery drivers every week tend to win comfortably.
Not even Ray McKinnon could f**k that up.
Incredibly harsh. If they go 22 games unbeaten that's a magnificent achievement. Rangers* didn't manage anything like that in the bottom tier playing against similar standard of opposition with a far larger budget