Queen's Park Scottish League 2 Champions

It’s nice to have fans from other teams congratulations but why take the shine off it with the loadsamoney comments. Football history is littered with clubs who spent big and failed. QPFC Members made their choices to change to professionalism firstly to eliminate any risk of dropping out the SPFL leagues, secondly to win promotion and the cherry on the cake was winning a championship. All three done in the first full season. It’s a spectacular return on investment by any measure. And all the credit must go to everyone and anyone associated with the playing staff and coaches.

Apart from the business success though, QP fans deserve this. There’s been turmoil at the club for several years now and it continues off the field. Thankfully the players and coaches did their bit. Some of them haven’t even shared a Saturday afternoon with us and those that did barely had time to get acquainted. The message on the shirts was most welcome. I’m sure we’ll do our bit when we get the chance, as always. ‘Mon The Spiders!

51 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Save that for the memory book!  🏴🏳️

AAE4397E-5A21-4F34-BF52-8A7C8C026CB4.jpeg

SPFL Division 2 ffs.

Well done regardless.  League One could be a stoater next season.

Congratulations, Queen's, and all the best for next season and whatever excitement that may bring. Worthy Champions this season.

I enjoyed some good banter with some Queen's fans at Ainslie Park last season before we were all locked out of the game - nice fellas. Looking forward to playing you lot again at Meadowbank sometime in the future (who knows when that may be!)

Edited by Pete83

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

SPFL Division 2 ffs.

While it's fair to say that the majority of this squad is clearly too good for League 2, Muir and Galt pictured there have been with the club for several years initially as amateurs obviously, so it's a great picture.

1 hour ago, Pete83 said:

Congratulations, Queen's, and all the best for next season and whatever excitement that may bring. Worthy Champions this season.

I enjoyed some good banter with some Queen's fans at Ainslie Park last season before we were all locked out of the game - nice fellas. Looking forward to playing you lot again at Meadowbank sometime in the future (who knows when that may be!)

I'm confident you will achieve promotion this year. I think you beat Airdrie twice if I'm not mistaken? Edi City are competitive enough for League 1. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

SPFL Division 2 ffs.

The 2 players in the photo are the only players in QP history to play as amateur and full-time contracted Queens Park players. Sal is playing but a loanee from Livi. Galt and Muir have made the 'step up' and look so comfortable. Two very honest players who graft hard. Great picture.