Fight for 2nd Place - Dundee vs Raith - 24th April.

Bene penalty, by the laws of the game, correct.

Second goal, over the line judging by Hendry’s reaction.

Call for a penalty was valid as the ball was not played before the player, and there was no offside there.

Tait’s red was harsh.

Good game by Dundee, but surprising they elected to take the foot off the pedal the second half. There’s very little between both sides at full strength.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

You can't tell for sure unless the camera is in line with the ball, but that almost certainly looks like it's over the line to be fair. 

Annoying watching it without different angles, but difficult to argue seeing that. 

It's also worth pointing out that the photo was taken before the ball was kicked, so it will have traveled further into the goal before being cleared. 

Definite goal. 

Dundee penalty is a stonewaller, every day of the week.second goal looks in from the photos alone. 

Raith penalty, guy in orange boots looks a mile off - but he doesn't get the return so it's up in the air if there's an offside. I wouldn't be happy if that was Dundee. 

Red card all day. Stupid tackle that you could see was going to be late before it happened. 

That offside call :lol: fucking hell. 

Watched the a Dundee penalty several times and have concluded it probably is. I'd thought at the time it hit Benedictus on the upper arm and that his arm was by his side. However, watching it back several times that's not the case: it's hit the lower arm, which is protruding. We got a similar penalty against Arbroath on the first day of the season. 

Having watched the highlights, it looks to me like

- Dundee penalty is a penalty. Bene shouldn’t be turning himself side on and his hands are out. Think a yellow card is harsh but definite penalty with the rules nowadays.

- Dundee goal is over the line. Can’t really tell from the highlights but the photo yesterday shows it was over and that is backed up by the fact not one Rovers player complains.

- Rovers penalty claim is a penalty for me. Think Gullan is offside but he doesn’t go near the ball, Hendry is clearly onside and it actually looks a clearer foul on him than I thought at the time. We’ve been very unlucky there.

- Tait red card is hard to tell from the highlights. A camera on the other side of the pitch would probably give a better view of if his studs are up and where the contact is but it is definitely late. McGlynn who was on the side of the pitch closest to the incident with a better view said it was a red card in his post match interview so you have to say fair enough, can’t have many complaints there.

The penalty claim is wrong from the officials. Gullan might be offside but isn’t interfering with play at all, Hendry is yards onside. You’d hope for our top ref to notice that and give the penalty, with a possible red card to follow - penalty and yellow probably correct, but the red might’ve come out. As I recall it was only a minute or two before Bene scored so it probably didn’t impact the outcome, but I’d rather have found out for sure!

Dundee’s penalty is a penalty by the rules, no doubt. Not really sure what he’s meant to do but it’s the right call. It was obvious at the time by the reaction of everyone that the second goal was over the line. Hendry has to be reacting quicker for me.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

You’d hope for our top ref to notice that and give the penalty, with a possible red card to follow - penalty and yellow probably correct, but the red might’ve come out. 

Think the rules were changed. There's no way that's a red as he attempted to play the ball. 

Think the rules were changed. There's no way that's a red as he attempted to play the ball. 

Agreed. However I’ve just watched it again and the foul is by number 14, Lee Ashcroft - who was booked early on in the game. So it’d have been a red either way.

Still late in the game so no guarantees it would’ve changed the outcome, but it’s hard not to be annoyed by that.

Penalties for hand balls like that where the guy is turning away and the ball gets blootered off him just don’t feel right.

I can only thank the Lord that Scottish football is too tinpot for VAR.