Fight for 2nd Place - Dundee vs Raith - 24th April.

I missed the last ten minutes of the game but we were deservedly beaten on the opening 80 minutes. The first half consisted of us just punting the ball long and losing it. I wasnt convinced the second was over the line but it's hard to tell from that angle and the lack of complaint from our players probably suggests it was. We've had a great first season back in the championship and finishing 2nd or 3rd isn't realistically where we thought we would be this season. We need Matthews and more importantly musonda fit for the playoffs and to get ugwu back on the bench where he belongs to go up regardless of where we finish.

If only we could have had Raith's commentators for that, class above ours. My least favourite was "both players misjudged that" when Elliot totally wiped out a Raith player - embarrassing.

Thought the Raith' penalty claim was a dive but really need a slow motion replay to tell. The red card looked soft to me - more a booking. 

Far from easy but, as the result Inverness showed, that if you turn up you can beat teams like Ross Co. so well worth the battle ahead.

Can imagine Dunfermline will give a large number of their players a rest next Friday while Dees and Raith battle for 2nd  

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have you not read their thread? They're a good bunch, but they weren't far off comparing this season as one of their best ever. Some even compared it to Jimmy Nicholl's Bayern facing side (although the reasonable amongst them did say that this current side were second to that Raith team).

Was that not people putting McGlynn up there with Nicholl's in terms of what he's done for the club? 

Fair play if people were genuinely saying we had a better side this season than our 90s team, but I certainly don't recall seeing that.

Its our best season in years, which probably does go some way to show how bad things were,  but still.

I didn't see it and will probably not watch any highlights but am convinced we must change the manager.

No matter how shite we are performing a team like Raith Rovers should be happy to share a bit of grass with us.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought Collum was excellent today, far worse than him, that's for certain.

Definitely. He's coming into his own. Not all due to him admittedly, the amount of utter shite these days is farcical.

Great day for McGlynn to shit the bed and revert to his 2010 tactics of hoofball.
I don't think he did. The Dundee midfield pressed us constantly which stopped us from playing resulting in the punts up the park. Their formation countered ours pretty effectively with that.

FWIW, thought the penalty was soft, did the ball clear the line for the 2nd ? hard to say from the angle provided by PPV,, that said the best team won, Dundee were miles ahead of us today, took 75 mins for or 1st shot on target FFS, 2nd place is still in our own hands, we just have to beat the best team in the league to confirm it lol, hopefully QOS willdo us a favour tho'

All in all so happy with the way we have gone about our business this season, we would have been one of the favs to be in the play-offs at the wrong end.

All the best to Dundee in the playoffs (unless we meet in the semi)

Edited by keyser_soze

2 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

FWIW, thought the penalty was soft, did the ball clear the line for the 2nd ? hard to say from the angle provided by PPV,, that said the best team won, Dundee were miles ahead of us today, took 75 mins for or 1st shot on target FFS, 2nd place is still in our own hands, we just have to beat the best team in the league to confirm it lol, hopefully QOS willdo us a favour tho'

All in all so happy with the way we have gone about our business this season, we would have been one of the favs to be in the play-offs at the wrong end.

All the best to Dundee in the playoffs (unless we meet in the semi)

I'd say so: